News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US Service Medals from Civilian and Military Goverment Agencies.

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Army Commander's Award for Civilian Service Medal - Obverse

The Army Commander's Award is awarded by commanders of smaller Army units to recognize civilians who have assisted them in the performance of their duties and advanced the goals of the US Army.

• Replies 364
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Army Superior Civilian Service Medal - Obverse

The Army Superior Civilian Service Medal is awarded by the Secretary of the Army for superior civilian service or contributions which have resulted in exceptional benefit to the Army. The services are of a lesser degree than that required for the Distinguished Civilian Service Medal.

Guest Darrell

While not exactly a "Civilian" or "Public" Service medal persay, it fits in nicely with these in this thread.

Department of Transportation 9/11 Medal.

The 9-11 Medal is a special decoration of the U.S. Department of Transportation which was first created in 2002. The decoration recognizes those civilians and members of the military who performed heroic deeds and valorous accomplishments in the immediate aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States of America.

The 9-11 Medal is not a simple service decoration, but rather recognizes individual acts of bravery that resulted in the saving of life or great assistance to the rescue efforts from the September 11th attacks. A separate military decoration, the 9-11 Ribbon, is presented to members of the U.S. military for general aide and assistance to the victims of the September 11th attacks.

The 9-11 Medal is a one time decoration and is authorized for wear by both civilians and members of the U.S military.

Obverse:

Edited by Darrell

A lower level of this medal is the 9-11 ribbon bar. I was awarded this one. These two awards were given in recognition of direct aid rendered in the immediate aftermath of thee sept 11, 2001 attacks. Mainly officers received the medal. While some civilians received these awards, only Members of the Coast Guard are allowed to wear them as a part of their uniform.

Guest Darrell

A lower level of this medal is the 9-11 ribbon bar. I was awarded this one. These two awards were given in recognition of direct aid rendered in the immediate aftermath of thee sept 11, 2001 attacks. Mainly officers received the medal. While some civilians received these awards, only Members of the Coast Guard are allowed to wear them as a part of their uniform.

Interesting Paul. Congrats :cheers:

Here is where it sits on the medal bar(the lower level ribbon only award). As you can see, it is not ranked that high, in the order.

You have an awesome collection of military civilian medals. I did not know that there were so many!

Guest Darrell

It's funny that the ribbon bar doesnt match the medal ribbon. I guess they wanted it to stand out as somewhat different.

It's funny that the ribbon bar doesnt match the medal ribbon. I guess they wanted it to stand out as somewhat different.

No. no. The medal does have it's own ribbon bar that matches the ribbon on the medal.

The award came in two classes. The medal would be like a 1st class. My ribbon does not have a medal representative. My award would be like a 2nd class. Like stated, these awards were awarded one time only.

Coast Guard members involved either received one class OR the other. There is no way for anyone to have both.

I am sorry for the confusion. :-)

Guest Darrell

No. no. The medal does have it's own ribbon bar that matches the ribbon on the medal.

The award came in two classes. The medal would be like a 1st class. My ribbon does not have a medal representative. My award would be like a 2nd class. Like stated, these awards were awarded one time only.

Coast Guard members involved either received one class OR the other. There is no way for anyone to have both.

I am sorry for the confusion. :-)

Ahh ok. No, it's probably me ... I've been staring at a monitor all day ... need to take a walk ... :speechless:

Edited by Darrell

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

I don't think I saw this one posted, apologies if already done so.

Departement of Defense Civil award for the 1990/91 Gulf War episode.

Excellent Marcus. Not posted and I've not seen this one before either. If you ever fancy on selling it ;):beer:

Guest Darrell

Just In !!

Now ... if anyone has any links to information on these guys, I'd really appreciate it. You kind of wonder what the heck you would do in the "Arms Control and Disarmament Agency" :unsure:

Anyway there are three of them like most full gambet of US awards.

1. US Arms Control and DisArmament Agency - Meritorious Honor Award

Obverse: