News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Israeli Medals, Badges and Patches

Ingsoc

Actually, afew more floated to the surface. Sorry they're out of order. See: http://www.yairmalachi.org/MedalsOfIsrael/...sForWearing.htm

Hagana Ribbon (Hagana - self defense)

Awarded to:

a) those who were members of the Hagana organization for a period of at least six months between 1920 and the Day of Independence of Israel.

b) all members of the Hagana who were killed, wounded, arrested or took part in operations.

In case the eligible person died, a member of his family (husband, wife, parent, brother, sister, child or grandchild) may request to receive the ribbon or replacement of lost or worn ribbon.

Presentation of the ribbon started in 1958.

See: http://www.yairmalachi.org/MedalsOfIsrael/...viceRibbons.htm

Edited by Ed_Haynes

"Peace For Galilee" War Ribbon

Awarded to:

a) all IDF personnel on active duty during at least 3 continuous days between 5 June 1982 and 29 September 1982.

b) to any IDF soldier who served between the above dates, less then 3 days, but was missed in action and has not been recovered since, who was killed, taken prisoner of war, was injured, got ill or his illness deteriorated, during and as a result of his service.

c) soldiers who were killed in combat, was missed in action, taken prisoner in Lebanon after 29 September 1982 and as long as IDF forces are deployed in this area.

d) personnel serving in Lebanon after 29 September 1982 and the Chief of Staff or head of Personnel department or there representatives decide that there exist special grounds for awarding the ribbon.

e) civilian security personnel, including the armament industry, officials dealing with state of emergency arrangements, Magen David Adom first aid workers and employees of state companies who toke part in the activities, as required by law, who served at least 21 continuous days during the period defined as in a).

f) civilians, who provided direct assistance to the front units during at least 21 continuous days in the period defined as in a).

g) civilians as described in d) and e) in case where his or her work was interrupted by injury or death during and as a result of service, even if no 21 continuous days of work or service were fulfilled.

In case the eligible person died, a member of his family (widow, widower, parent, brother, sister, child) may request to receive the ribbon or replacement of lost or worn ribbon.

Presentation of the ribbon started in 1983.

See: http://www.yairmalachi.org/MedalsOfIsrael/...aignRibbons.htm

Would love to see these full-size, but due to the spyware/viruses inherent in this image hosting site, I cannot. :(

Be warned, those of you without recently updated virus checking software . . . .

Could you post then to the site normally???

Would love to see these full-size, but due to the spyware/viruses inherent in this image hosting site, I cannot. :(

Be warned, those of you without recently updated virus checking software . . . .

Could you post then to the site normally???

Viruses at imageshack? what are talking about? (what anti-virus program do you use?), anyway the images are too big to post in the site, if you PM me your email I could send them to you.

Viruses at imageshack? what are talking about? (what anti-virus program do you use?), anyway the images are too big to post in the site, if you PM me your email I could send them to you.

It is Spywear heaven (or someplace far south of there). Both Norton and Webroot Spy Sweeper rang bells (as usual).

Shall PM e-mail :P

Thanks, Ed

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

if anybody is interested this book is up for grabs (BUY IT NOW) on US Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ISRAEL-DEFENCE-FORCES-...1QQcmdZViewItem

ISRAEL DEFENCE FORCES INSIGNIA REFERENCE GUIDE WW I - 1985

An Illustrated Reference Guide for Collectors. The reference guide is divided into 3 parts. It serves for easy identification of military badges, insignia and decorations during period WW I -1985:

1. PRE-INDEPENDENCE PERIOD

Introduction

Jewish Soldiers in WWI

British Mandate

WW II

and more .....

2. WAR OF INDEPENDENCE

Haganah

Palmach

Jeursalem-Etzion

and more ...

3. ISRAEL DEFENCE FORCE-ZAHAL

Army

Navy

Air Force

Border Police

Civil Defence

Ribbons

Military Decorations

Army Flags

Plaques and Medals

and more ...

Paperback, 8.5 " x 5.5 ", black and white illustrations. It consists of 67 pages. Most of the illustrated items are actual size; by Marian Furlan. Excellent condition, black and white, new book.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

• 2 months later...

And here Israeli veterans of the British army Jewish Brigade, you could see by there ribbon bar that they took part in many of Israel wars.

95111513by8.th.jpg

28930383cl9.th.jpg

86442041hg3.th.jpg

I like the cloth patches a couple of the old fellows are wearing.

One wears the cap badge of the Royal Army Service Corps (or possibly one of the commonwealth equivalents).

Some of the few things I've let go of once I've got them are my Israeli badges which I collected on a couple of leaves 1978 - 80.

I had loads of cap & other insignia in metal, the only cloth I had were rank slides.

I got rid of them years ago, traded for 3 old British fusilier busbies, all I have left now are some berets - paras, infantry, Golani, navy & aitforce.

My only reference, still around somewhere were a couple of the "Born in Battle" series of books.

• 2 months later...

Don't forget the mid-1970s "Jerusalem Post" newspaper supplement on Yom Kippur War medal winners (copies were on offer at the 2006 OMSA convention) or the "Medal Collector" article based on it. There's also a mid-1970s MC article on Israeli Police Medals.

To add a few Israeli ribbon bars and awards to the thread . . . .

No endorsement of political/historical interpretation is intended, and I adopt here official Israeli vocabulary.

Volunteers Ribbon

Established in 1961. Awarded to people who lived in the territory of the state of Israel who:

-- served in the UK armed forces during WW I (Zion Mule Corps, 38th King's Fusiliers, 39th King's Fusiliers, 40th King's Fusiliers, and the First Judeans);

-- served in the Turkish armed forces during WW I (drafted under the authorization of the Zionist leadership); or

-- served at least six months in the UK armed forces before 8 November 1944 or after.

Kinky enameled ribbon bar.

Just noticed - not Kings Fusiliers - Royal Fusiliers.

Kings Fusiliers were a fictitious regiment subject of a tv series in the 1980's or thereabouts.

There is though a Queens Fusiliers, an amalgamation of some London TA Royal Regiment of Fusiliers & Queens Regiment elements to form a regiment within the resurrected London Regiment.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...