News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early S&L KC

Hi

Nice KC !!!, but it don't look like a S&L to me, more like a Zimmerman / Godet.

Do you have any pictures of the reverse? Any markings?

Kjell

Kjell,

REF. ; Dietrich Maerz's die flaw article (Wehrmacht-Awards.com)

S&L , A-type, micro "800", with die flaw located at the outside of beading curve between the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock arm.

I am sure that D.Maerz is well known among members of this forum for his outstanding research.

Robert

Rich, don't you read the newspapers? It's on the front page!!!!!

[attachmentid=45001]

The FUHRER's headquarter

December 21,(1943)

" The FUHRER confered the knightscross to MAJOR ERWIN KOOPMANN,commander of a grenadier regiment....

He was responsible for the failure of a break-through of the enemy south-east of KIEV.When the Soviets broke with strong forces into the german lines , he threw himself againts them with only a few of his Hamburg grenadiers.He destroyed several broken through forces in a counter attack and repulsed all further mass attacks of the Bolshevics"

[attachmentid=45003]

WEHRPASS ENTRY. (HE was listed on the"HONOR ROLL OF GERMAN ARMY " 3 months before the KC, but both entries were made at the same time in MAJOR KOOPMANN's wehrpass)

[attachmentid=45013]

Kjell,

REF. ; Dietrich Maerz's die flaw article (Wehrmacht-Awards.com)

S&L , A-type, micro "800", with die flaw located at the outside of beading curve between the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock arm.

I am sure that D.Maerz is well known among members of this forum for his outstanding research.

Robert

Hi Robert

Thanks for correcting me, was a little hasty in posting. I wived the posting on a small laptop and did not see the details. My mistake, sorry!!

Kjell

Robert,

You can't just leave us hanging like that. We need more photos of whatever you have of his. Did you get it from the family?

Dan Murphy

Dan,

Sorry, but I got a little bit ahead of myself on this thread ,I wanted to post only one photo and.....

I intend to present the whole grouping in the collectors showcase forum later this summer. I want to do this properly and in chronological order. It was acquired from Erwin's daughter Ingeborg(she had moved to Canada with it).

Regards,

Robert

• 2 years later...

Dan,

Sorry, but I got a little bit ahead of myself on this thread ,I wanted to post only one photo and.....

I intend to present the whole grouping in the collectors showcase forum later this summer. I want to do this properly and in chronological order. It was acquired from Erwin's daughter Ingeborg(she had moved to Canada with it).

Regards,

Robert

It has been over two years since this posting, but like they say "IT'S BETTER LATE THAN NEVER".... If you don't mind going to WAF, the Konvolut has been posted here;

Erwin Koopmann

Regards,

Robert

Guest Darrell

It has been over two years since this posting, but like they say "IT'S BETTER LATE THAN NEVER".... If you don't mind going to WAF, the Konvolut has been posted here;

Erwin Koopmann

Regards,

Robert

Robert, I read that outstanding article. Kudos on a wonderful piece. Fantastic.

However, you should put a warning out where that link goes. Heaven forbid our eyes goes blind or evil things happen if we go .... "there" where no man is safe to tread anymore :rolleyes:

Robert, I read that outstanding article. Kudos on a wonderful piece. Fantastic.

However, you should put a warning out where that link goes. Heaven forbid our eyes goes blind or evil things happen if we go .... "there" where no man is safe to tread anymore :rolleyes:

Thanks Darrell :cheers:

Then for those who won't go or can't go....Here's a sample.

Regards,

Robert

• 12 years later...

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forum/community-forums/groupings-and-individual-soldier-s-history-archive-forum/320938-deutschland-deutschland-über-alles

Hi,

On pages 1-2-3-4 of the Koopmann family story, I’ve added over 80 new pictures and documents, I have also revised or corrected all the written texts.

Cheers,

Robert