News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I got this bavarian officer's belt and buckle yesterday.

Think it is a nice piece.

Has no markings at all. Not on the leather and not on the buckle.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am not very good with prices of these pieces.

What is a fair price today ?

Kind regards

Robert

Think it is a nice piece.

Robert,

Gee, you think? That is, without doubt, the best conditioned WW1 Officers leather belt I have ever seen. :jumping::jumping::jumping: From any German state. :love: It looks like it has never been worn. It is most likely for the Leib Regiment or Pioneers due to the color of the buckle. Most are painted green or brown. Do me and you a favor and put some light oil on where the light rust is starting to form, on the rear of one of the keepers and the front on the wreath. Is that a matt silver finish or zinc?

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy

• 4 weeks later...

Robert,

Very nice set! Saw it too. Photos weren't that clear, but I took it to be steel with a very light field grey paint coat. Could you post better close-up pics of the buckle ob- and reverse?

Many thanks, Kurt

Sorry, from your post I thought you were the buyer, not the seller! Still, from what you remember of the buckle, was it silver or field-grey?

Best regards, Kurt

Hello Kurt,

have sold it two weeks ago on german Ebay for 226.- Euro.

Kind regards

Robert

Robert,

I've got the same belt, but with a gold wash buckle. I am guessing that yours brought a premium due to the white metal. I would not think that one with a gold colored or subdued buckle would sell for that much.

Chip

Robert,

Thank you very much for the additional info. Like Chip said, the silver finish, which looks somehow "subdued" and not silvery-bright like one'd expect on a Feldbinde, would have made all the difference. A very desirable buckle that went to a lucky bidder. I didn't bother bidding on ebay as I took the finish to be a light field grey, perhaps even lightened even further because of some slight over-exposure of the photo. Well, just my luck!

Best regards, Kurt

• 1 month later...

Very nice officier belt. :jumping:

Regards

Christophe

Robert,

Thank you very much for the additional info. Like Chip said, the silver finish, which looks somehow "subdued" and not silvery-bright like one'd expect on a Feldbinde, would have made all the difference. A very desirable buckle that went to a lucky bidder. I didn't bother bidding on ebay as I took the finish to be a light field grey, perhaps even lightened even further because of some slight over-exposure of the photo. Well, just my luck!

Best regards, Kurt