News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I had a great time in UB

Vatjan

I just returned to Delhi, and after recovering from Aeroflot, shall post some more photos. Being there with Jan was great and many tales to tell!

The great sadness was that the masoleum of Sukhbaatar and Choibalsan has been removed - rather secretely - to make way for a new facade for the parliament (is that symbolic or what?). Much talk about removing Sukhbaatar's statue from the square of the same name.

More relevant for us is the plan to create new awards "soon". All linked up with getting a new coat of arms which will feature prominently in the designs. No one likes the new stylised chunky horse thing. There is a hope that He Who Knows All About Mongolian Awards will be serving as a consultant to theresident in this process.

More to come . . .

Edited by Ed_Haynes

A nicer and older Sukhbaatar, facing what used to be the Institute of Marxism and Leninism and is now the Mongolian Institute of Management (both, of course, having "diamond badges"). How things have changed, but not as abruptly or in as unhealthy a fashion as in the former USSR.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Regarding the Central Lenin Museum, a place that was on the pilgrimage list for all Young Pioneers in the olden days. Jan forgot to mention that it is a billiard parlor today. (Well, the one in Moscow is empty-empty!)

Some groups

More to come later

looks very amazing! Would you post more closer scans about groups? Thanks in advance! I really want to visit Mongolia if I have a chance.