News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Rose Brasil

• Replies 64
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Only know two collars of the order of the Rose from Brasil in public collections, one ath the Mus?e Nationale de la L?gion d'honneur in Paris and the other in the Collection of the Palacio Nacional da Ajuda in Lisbon :love:

Nice piece indeed! :love:

Funny, it has quite a lot of resemblances with both the Portuguese Order of the Tower and the Sword (the overall design), and the Portuguese Order of Our Lady of Vila Vi?osa (mainly the central medallion), both posted on this thread here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5643

g_deploige, there is one of these Order of the Rose in the Pal?cio Nacional da Ajuda in Lisbon?! Wow, definetely have to have a look!

Dolf

Dear Dolf,

In the Palace d'Ajuda it is not exposed to public, but you can see it in the catalog "Royal Treasures" 1992 given out by the palace, I bought it in the Museum shop of the Palace, 2 years ago, you will find all orders of the Royal Famelly in it who are still part of the collection of the Palace d'Ajuda

Guy

Edited by g_deploige

Dear Dolf,

In the Palace d'Ajuda it is not exposed to public, but you can see it in the catalog "Royal Treasures" 1992 given out by the palace, I bought it in the Museum shop of the Palace, 2 years ago, you will find all orders of the Royal Famelly in it who are still part of the collection of the Palace d'Ajuda

Guy

Guy,

Thanks a lot for the info.

Funny, a familly member worked in the administration there for years, I don't live that far from the Palace, and I get the info from... Belgium... :cheeky:

I guess I'm definetely not an outdoors guy! :blush:

Dolf :beer:

Guest Rick Research

It is indeed very possibly THE most beautiful Order in the world! :love: Several of our members may even HAVE grades of this order (hint hint).

Some Indian decorations are in the same aesthetic class as the Rose, but it's a short list.

Funny how a design this old is still appealing in our new century! :beer:

It is indeed very possibly THE most beautiful Order in the world! :love: Several of our members may even HAVE grades of this order (hint hint).

Some Indian decorations are in the same aesthetic class as the Rose, but it's a short list.

Funny how a design this old is still appealing in our new century! :beer:

Rick,

Wow, it would be nice to see pics of those other grades of this Order... ;)

I've learned some time ago that some awards from other countries (not 100% sure but I think the ones I saw are from Ethiopia or so) are (at least partially) actually made here!

The designs of that period still remain (imho) among the nicest ever made! Well, personally I also love the Soviet and Mongolian period ones, but I guess that's for other reasons... ;)

Dolf

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 months later...