News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I picked this up at a reenactment flea market from my best friend (I had no idea he had it) and saved it from the fate of being banged around by a reenactor. :angry: Upon researching it, I found that the maker not only made these for the Hannoverian Army, but made other brass instruments as well. When the owner died in 1853, the company ceased to exist. Not much from this period has the survived the century and a half since and this is a favorite of mine.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Already banged about once. There is a rather jagged tear, perhaps from a shell fragment. Since it is in such good shape, these may have been kept in service in the later Prussian units from Hannover. Although damaged it can still be played.

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Check the rim of the medal for a name. If it is the Langansala medal it should have a name on the rim if it is an issue medal.

Paul,

I only added the medal as background and unfortunately it did not photograph well. Yes it is named in capitals "W. EBELING". I did not get it locally, but thought it interesting since there is a branch of the Ebeling family nearby and I know a couple of them.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy