News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brazilian medals display

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

Nice medals,

The order of our lady of mercy is, correct me if I'm wrong, now a merely kind of family order????

Kind of order of st Joachim.......???

Kind regards,

Jacky

Jacky,

The Order of Villa Vicosa is considered a house order of the royal house of Portugal. The current head of the house, HRH Dom Duarte, Duque de Bragan?a still awards this order. I have three friends here in the USA who have received this order from Dom Duarte.

And do you know for what kind of merit and what kind of grade they had been awarded this order???

Any pics would be nice too to see ;)

Kind regards,

Jacky

I'm not sure if I can find any pics. I believe the grade was commander, but I'm not exactly sure. They wear the medal around their neck and have a beautiful breast star too.

And do you know for what kind of merit and what kind of grade they had been awarded this order???

I?m curious too...This awards are still produced?

I saw a picture of one of the royal family in Portugal (or Brasil I?m not sure) wearing a Order of the Rose - I must confess I think it?s a bit strange...

According to the International Commission on Orders of Chivalry http://www.icocregister.org/list2004.htm the Order of Pedro I and the Order of the Rose are house orders of the imperial house of Brazil. This means the head of the house (which is currently in dispute between two claimants) can still award these orders if they so wish. Some royal families only award house orders to family members today, others still give them out to other people in certain circumstances.

The royal house of Portugal still has two house orders, Saint Isabel and Immaculate Conception of Vila Vicosa, and one "chivalric institution" Saint Michael of the Wing.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the information about the orders. I?ll check the link right now! :cheers:

I said I think it?s a strange thing to see people wearing this orders, ?cos I prefer to see them on the chest of our military heroes from the past - those who fought on the bloody War of Paraguay for example...

Cheers,

Ricardo

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic pieces, but these are really :love::love::love: ?Some seem to have almost an Aztec influence to me

Hello Alex,

This Orders of Military Merit are really beatutiful.

In fact they are based on the Aviz Cross - but yes...there?s something Aztec on this order :cheers:

Visit my website about brazilian orders to see more beautiful pieces - www.ommb.com.br

English version coming soon.............

Cheers,

Ricardo

Hi ricky1972 I'll do just that. As I have never really collected South American Awards, (A lost opportunity) what sort of prices are we talking about? as looking at these they are some really attractive pieces, I must be honest the ones you've posted with what I call the Aztec influence really excite me more than those based on similarities with established European orders.

any help appreciated

regards

Alex