News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brazilian medals display

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
    • 9 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Hello all!

Thanks for the nice comments :)

I?ll take some pics of the argentinian badge that belonged to a brazilian fighter pilot and post here soon along with some new pics of the entire collection.

Cheers,

Ricardo

It is interresting because I have one that belonged to a colombian Pilot, an later Comanding Officer of the colombian Airforce. He was on a training in the flying base of "El Palomar". When he finished the trainig after 4 years he was awarded with the Badge. And in the web I once read that it was very common in the 20ies and 30ies to send pilots from all over South America to traings in Argentina . Probably because the had the best Airforce (in South America) at that time.

Edited by Viribus Unitis

• 2 weeks later...
    Wonderful collection, Thank you for sharing it with us!! I note that perhaps the Congress and some Brazilian states seem to have awards and there are a number of private societies with awards too. Are there reference materials on those types of decorations? Again, my thanks for your effort!!

Thanks nesredep :cheers:

Hi 922F! In fact there are many awards from each State and I trying to compose a collection with the most important ones...

As you know I got a internet website (www.ommb.com.br) with military awards, but in the near future I?ll upgrade with another awards too.

You shoul take a look at Antonio Prieto Barrio?s website (www.coleccionesmilitares.com) there?s a HUGE ribbon list of many State Awards :speechless:

Thanks Norman! When you keep the focus on your collection, the results are good!!

Here?s some new images from NAVY display

DSC09186-1.jpg

DSC09190-1.jpg

And for a change a S?o Paulo State award - "Ipiranga Order" the most important award in S?o Paulo.

Here?s our Governor, head of the constitutive state Mr. Jos? Serra wearing the order and awarding the Fire Department flag.

DSC09220.jpg

DSC09219.jpg

19995a.jpg

19992a.jpg

19988a.jpg

Edited by ricky1972