News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sweden ww2 Uniform

Hi there,

I almost put this in Axis forces Militaria, but I guess Sweden was technically neutral...anyways I have this 1943 issue wool Swedish Tunic and trousers set made by ACB of Stockholm. It is marked with the three crown logo as well. Would this have been worn by a guard unit? I don't think the Swedish army was very active in WW2 (hence the mint shape of the uni!) so I wonder who wore this one. It is made of very heavy wool. Any info on this set is appreciated!

Cheers,

Pat

and finally, the ACB tag on the pants to match the markings on the inside of the jacket. Any and all info on this set and the maker and who might have worn this during 1943 would be a great help.

Cheers,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I belive your uniform is a m/39-58. In 1958 they added pockets on the back of the jacket and on the trousers. That's why the colour is different on your trousers.

Also the arm pit was altered and the end of the trousers.

I'll see if I can find what "ACB" stands for.

Sweden had a couple of 100-thousands soldiers along our borders during WW2. The uniform could be pre-WW1 models up to the latest & greatest m/39 :)

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks for the info Stefan :beer:

I would assume it is ww2 issue as the jacket is stamped "1943" under the 3 crowns in the back of the inside of the jacket. The pants could very well be later issue but I am pretty sure the tunic is ww2 issue (unless these were still distributed as surplus to the army well after the war). If it is post-war, why would it be marked 1943? Any thoughts on this?

THanks again,

Pat

I would assume it is ww2 issue as the jacket is stamped "1943" under the 3 crowns in the back of the inside of the jacket. The pants could very well be later issue but I am pretty sure the tunic is ww2 issue (unless these were still distributed as surplus to the army well after the war). If it is post-war, why would it be marked 1943? Any thoughts on this?

THanks again,

Pat

They are from 1943, no doubts of that. But after the change in 1958 they are called m/39-58, post war altered WW2 uniform one can say.

The price of m/39-58 in Sweden are about 5 EUR per jacket or trouser. The cost for a m/39 is 25-45 EUR and not that easy to find.

Cheers,

Stefan