News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Could be an ordnance (W) officer, for whom that was a normal career progression-- but naughty naughty indeed and of course into the Depthless Void of Luftwaffe officers below general, as far as research goes. :(

Could be an ordnance (W) officer, for whom that was a normal career progression-- but naughty naughty indeed and of course into the Depthless Void of Luftwaffe officers below general, as far as research goes. :(

Hi Rick,

I thought that it was a Heer Bar.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. It is indeed a beautiful bar, one of the best I have in my colleciton. One can really get an appreciation of the quality of German military tailors holding this bar; pictures dont do it justice.

Yes, Paul it is a Heer bar.

Don, one thing I have learned in the past several years is that on some pieces you just have to buy on instinct. I cant tell you how many pieces I have let slip thru my fingers while I was thinking about it. But the good thing about this hobbby is that there will be something similar come along in the future. Hope you are the first one on that one!

FKNORR, the piece was in a thread on another forum.

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Homer Simpson: DOH! :speechless:

It is of course army ... we'd been having a discussion earlier without scans and I thought it was Luftwaffe... didn't click when the image was posted.

Mea culpa. Occasionally even I have what my Evil Twin refers to charmingly as a "brain fart." :beer:

Just as bad for the army of course... try finding a specific "Schmidt" with no other information to go by! :banger:

Hi Gary,

I saw this bar at Illingen (Sammlerb?rse) this June. I was very tempted to buy it, but I knew that a Oberst Schmidt wouldn't be easily researched. But still it's a great piece in mint conditions still attached to the hard paper backing of the juweller/tailor. I think that the asking price was Eur 500.-/550.-.

I am surprised to see that such bars do a lot of travelling around in just a couple of months... first in Germany now in the USA!

Great addition to your collection... my compliments! :beer::love::beer:

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Gary,

I saw this bar at Illingen (Sammlerb?rse) this June. I was very tempted to buy it, but I knew that a Oberst Schmidt wouldn't be easily researched. But still it's a great piece in mint conditions still attached to the hard paper backing of the juweller/tailor. I think that the asking price was Eur 500.-/550.-.

I am surprised to see that such bars do a lot of travelling around in just a couple of months... first in Germany now in the USA!

Great addition to your collection... my compliments! :beer::love::beer:

Ciao,

Claudio

Then you have seen me at Illingen, next time say hello :) But iam not the man with the handle bar moustache. Things do not get around that fast, the table was owned by my partner.

Edited by M?nster

Hi M?nster!

Gadly I will stop at your counter next time and say hello to you. ;)

Your partner has been always very fair with prices and his and your pieces have been quite interesting! :cheers: My brother got a small 2 pieces medal bar last time. I was really very tempted to buy Schmidt's medal bar, but I was saving up for Thies auction. :( Sorry!!!

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi M?nster!

Gadly I will stop at your counter next time and say hello to you. ;)

Your partner has been always very fair with prices and his and your pieces have been quite interesting! :cheers: My brother got a small 2 pieces medal bar last time. I was really very tempted to buy Schmidt's medal bar, but I was saving up for Thies auction. :( Sorry!!!

Ciao,

Claudio

You should have grabbed it that day, he was stressed about the show, hence the prices! And yes, Schmidt would be virtually impossible to research.

I can recognize the second from the top. Great bars! These are fun to be collected and would be a good start for any new medal bar enthusiast.

When your partner has some new medal bars, especially the ones with enamel orders, please let me know!

:D:D

Ciao,

Claudio