News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Baltenkreuz / Where are all the Baltic Crosses?

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Steve--I'll try and get a photo of the reverse posted for you. From your info, I think mine might be a '57 version now, as I don't recall any visible attachments (rivets, prongs) poking thru on the backside.

Nevertheless, I'm not too knowledgeable about Weimar-era stuff, so I appreciate the quick tutorial! :rock on:

Gaffken

Gaffken,

The Fleur de Lis on the screw back does not look like the '57 era style. That is why the back would be interesting to see. The '57 era pieces have the little 'curl' on the petals tips. Your does not. I'll defer to others on possible makers but yours it likely earlier. Nice cross. Steve

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

While I have never seen anyone WEARING two of them in period photographs...........

Franz von Salomon wore both crosses together. Not too clear on this photo, but there's a good picture in one of the Angolia books showing both being worn at once.

I don't think #1 is wrong at all as the bar is WW1 with TR additions IMO

PAUL

Hi Paul,

I am pretty sure that the Baltic Cross ribbon has to be last following TR period regulations :cheers: . Rick maybe can clear it out?