News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I debated whether or not to post this final picture but , since you mentioned the Trials and his being one of the first sentences carried out ..I feel it's relevant.

From his files ..I see him as being a loner , not really fitting in with the "boys" ..he was invited to many events but , declined the invitations ..he was very involved in his work and a real "Political Animal" . For example , In one book they said that he supported General Vlassov's attempt at creating a strong POA ..however I have many letters from him to Himmler,Goring and Lammers dead against the idea of arming them ..he always worked behind the scenes and stayed out of the limelight as much as possible.

You were very lucky to find that Badge ...I'm glad it survived!

Here's a letter telling him that he must attend a meeting personally and cannot just send a representative. It's dated 6 days after the Bomb Plot ..love to know what was discussed at that one

Thanks Mike, you have got some really nice early photo?s and documentation there, It is lucky that they survived too. Paper work is harder to look after, people tend to go for the gongs first I think. Is that a German officers uniform that he is wearing in his cells do you think, It looks political or is it something that the Americans gave him.

Regards

Taff

Here's a letter telling him that he must attend a meeting personally and cannot just send a representative. It's dated 6 days after the Bomb Plot ..love to know what was discussed at that one

Dear Taff,

Although I don't collect political items I must admit that this has been one of the best and most historically significant pieces on any of the forums. Beautiful badge with quite a history. Thanks for sharing.

Gary B

Thanks Gary, I really do not collect political items either and I have to admitt that I was dissapointed all them years back when I first found out that it might have been Rosenberg and not a knights Cross winner or even someone that I had heard of but now I would not have changed it for the World.

I cannot believe the response that this has had and I have now got a fascination to find out more, especially through the Families side and how he was captured etc.

Regards

Taff

Dear Taff,

Although I don't collect political items I must admit that this has been one of the best and most historically significant pieces on any of the forums. Beautiful badge with quite a history. Thanks for sharing.

Gary B

Mike What documents! Do you have anything indicating his "religious rebirth" as he awaited his fate? I was under the impression that he was one of the more repentent defendents amongst the accused. Thanks so much for sharing your treasures. :love: Robert

Mike What documents! Do you have anything indicating his "religious rebirth" as he awaited his fate? I was under the impression that he was one of the more repentent defendents amongst the accused. Thanks so much for sharing your treasures. :love: Robert

Hi Robert ...That friend of mine told me Hans Frank was the big "Born Again" out of the whole group ..the others were still pretty headstrong and die hard. For example ..he said talking with Julius Streicher was like talking to a common street thug ..he was one of the worst to deal with.

Stan,

I saw the Coburn Badge in 2000 it was what originally threw me about the party number, he had it listed rightly as we know as 625 and I questioned my friend then becuase I had just received the letter form the Bundesarchives saying Rosenberg was number 18.

It does question how much is this badge worth, I really suppose that it deppends on who wants it!!

Taff!

I have just read through this thread with great interest. I notice that Detlev Niemann sold Rosenberg's Coburg Badge with document in August 2000 for ?7,160.

Stan

Taff-

Congratulations on encountering a rare and important piece. Several years ago, I was fortunate to obtain a number of items belonging to Emil Maurice, who was Partei Member #38 and SS member #2. Being able to put a face with an object to me is what collecting and coserving is all about.

Bob,

You are right, placing a name to a piece makes it all that more interesting, out of all of Rosenbergs medals and badges this is the best I could have ever asked for, due to it being numbered. The rest could have been made up.

I do love the early British campaign medals for the detail that they have on them. I have started taking an interest in the RAF sets due to the amount of information that you can get with flight logs etc.

Taff

Taff-

Congratulations on encountering a rare and important piece. Several years ago, I was fortunate to obtain a number of items belonging to Emil Maurice, who was Partei Member #38 and SS member #2. Being able to put a face with an object to me is what collecting and coserving is all about.

• 5 months later...
    • 12 years later...