News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Talking about Epp, I have another interesting photo, which I got a few weeks ago:

IPB Image

An unknown artist - making a large painting with Epp in the center.

Does anybody have some more infos on the painting or the artist ?

Kind regards

Robert

Guest Rick Research

Fiehler was born in 1895 and was a stray from north Germany--not a Bavarian at all. The SA Brigadef?hrer was an ex career Bavarian regular army officer, had to have served from at least 1902 to have gotten the XXIV Years Service Cross with double war time.

NO SA Rank Lists, alas.

That photo is from before late summer of 1934 since they have no Hindenburg Crosses yet.

Robert-

Great photos, as usual! The officer behind von Epp is Pfeffer von Salomon--former head of the SA. I don't think the Gruppenf?hrer with von Epp is Karl Fiehler--it doesn't really look like him, plus this man looks much older and weighs more than Fiehler. Interestingly, if that kepi that von Epp is wearing came up for sale, I think most collectors would reject it--look at the crooked tresse!

Erich

Edited by Erich

Robert-

Great photos, as usual! The officer behind von Epp is Pfeffer von Salomon--former head of the SA. I don't think the Gruppenf?hrer with von Epp is Karl Fiehler--it doesn't really look like him, plus this man looks much older and weighs more than Fiehler. Interestingly, if that kepi that von Epp is wearing came up for sale, I think most collectors would reject it--look at the crooked tresse!

Erich

Erich is right, it's not Fiehler. It is Haselmayr.

Max.

Guest Rick Research

:beer: I keep forgetting that the SA never changed the old style rank tabs...

SA Gruppenf?hrer (1.4.33, so this dates after that and before say August 1934--no Hindenburg Crosses)

Friedrich Haselmayr was born 11 April 1879 in Kirchenlaibach. Resident in Lochham, he apparently simply disappeared ("verzogen" is the word Keilig used in 1958-- though hopefully the new Biblio Verlag series can pin down a death date more exactly) at war's end or thereafter.

Bavarian army from 16.7.97 as an infantry and staff officer

Leutnant 10.3.99

Oberleutnant 28.10.09

Hauptmann 1.10.13

Major "1918" per his 1935 "Wer Ist's?" entry

Oberstleutnant 1.2.24

char. Oberst aD 1.2.28

He received the BMV4X 11.9.14 and crown to that on 15.9.15.

Commander of II./Inf. Regt. 20 during the Beer Hall Putsch, and yet suffered no consequences (so hardly actively involved as he tried to imply afterwards) since he remained in the Reichsheer for more than 4 years afterwards.

1928 NSDAP and Party Representative at Munich University. 1932-35 Director of the Defense-Political Office of the NSDAP and Deputy to Ritter von Epp.

Member of the Bavarian Landtag and MdR 1933.

Recalled for miloitary service z.V. 1940

Oberst zV 1.12.40

Generalmajor zV 1.7.41

Generalleutnant zV 1.1.43

and final re-retirement 31.1.43

Commanded Feldkommendantur 569 1.9.40

Oberfeldkommendantur 579 1.1.-30.11.42

but I do not know where those were.

Thanks for putting a name to the face! :beer:

• 4 months later...

Hello:

In reference to Gen.Lt.z.V. Fritz (Friedrich) Haselmayr the Biblio series on German Army Generals lists his DoD as 18.June 1965 at Lochham near Munich.

Feldkommandantur 569 was located as of Jun. 1940 in Gent, as of April 1941 on the Balkans;

Oberfeldkommandantur 579 in the Eastern Area of Operations (Luga/Ukraine)) per Tessin.

Bernhard H. Holst