News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Artistic" pictures of my collection

Hello all,

This weekend I had the opportunity to play with this new camera... :P

I think the results were good enough to show to the owners of some amazing collections here in the forum.

Cheers,

Ricardo

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by ricky1972

Ricardo,

Nice pics, felicita??es ;)

I specially like those Brasilian awards! :love:

Funny that the shape of the cross on the Medalha de M?rito Militar looks pretty much like the cross of the Portuguese Ordem de Aviz!

Sauda??es de Portugal :beer:

Dolf

Ricardo,

Nice pics, felicita??es ;)

I specially like those Brasilian awards! :love:

Funny that the shape of the cross on the Medalha de M?rito Militar looks pretty much like the cross of the Portuguese Ordem de Aviz!

Sauda??es de Portugal :beer:

Dolf

Obrigado Dolf!

I think that portuguese orders and medals are really beautiful. Many brazilian imperial are very similar to portuguese orders. In a near future I hope I?ll post something here.

Sauda??es!! :beer:

Ricardo

Obrigado Dolf!

I think that portuguese orders and medals are really beautiful. Many brazilian imperial are very similar to portuguese orders. In a near future I hope I?ll post something here.

Sauda??es!! :beer:

Ricardo

Ricardo,

Yes, from some pics I've seen here on the Forum and elsewhere, it seems indeed that the design of some Brazilian imperial awards was infuenced by the design of some Portuguese awards.

Well, probably normal for brother countries I guess :beer:

Anyway, these Brasilian Orders and Medals you posted are really gorgeous!

Sauda??es,

Dolf :cheers:

Edited by Dolf

Ricardo,

Yes, from some pics I've seen here on the Forum and elsewhere, it seems indeed that the design of some Brazilian imperial awards was infuenced by the design of some Portuguese awards.

Well, probably normal for brother countries I guess :beer:

You?re right! :beer:

Dolf...I just saw your collection of Portuguese awards :jumping::jumping: Amazing pieces! CONGRATULATIONS!

I?m trying to get a "Ordem de Nossa Senhora da Concei??o de Vila Vi?osa" from a dealer in Rio de Janeiro.

Let?s see what happens...

Ricardo

Edited by ricky1972

Wonderfull pictures, indeed the light is soft and very nice!!! :o:D

The medals become allmost like jewels... Which is what they are too!! Pieces of metal with a wonderfull story....

Could you make more pictures like the ones in the first posts??

Keep going!!!

You?re right! :beer:

Dolf...I just saw your collection of Portuguese awards :jumping::jumping: Amazing pieces! CONGRATULATIONS!

Ricardo

Ricardo,

Thank you. My favorite is (probably) the Ordem de Santiago de Espada, but it's a hard decision... ;)

I?m trying to get a "Ordem de Nossa Senhora da Concei??o de Vila Vi?osa" from a dealer in Rio de Janeiro.

Let?s see what happens...

Recently a brest Badge of the Order was sold on eBay, can't remember for how much.

There are a couple of them (Order with ribbon) for sale from an English dealer, but both have some damage on the enamel. Please feel free to PM me if you want to know more details.

Dolf

Ricardo,

If I may bother you a little longer with a question,

What is this medal???

IPB Image

anyway... again, they look all beautifull, especially the light on it and the standards which display them frontal..... wonderfull....

Thanks everyone for the nice words :beer:

Dolf, I think you?re right. The Ordem de Santiago de Espada is awesome!

Kevin, I?m using a Nikon Coolpix very, very old...one of the first models...the trick here is the use of a tripod and a halogen lamp. If you use the flash from the camera all the details of the pieces will be lost.

The standards came from my wife?s collection of souvenir mini-plates... :rolleyes:

Jacky, the medal you?re asking about is a "Medalha do Pacificador / Peacemaker Medal" for army personal who distinguished by acts of bravery. The shield are from Duke of Caxias (August 25, 1803 - May 7, 1880 - - Considered one of the most important heroes in Brazilian military history, Caxias fought in the Argentina-Brazil War, the War of Tatters, and, most notably, in the War of Triple Alliance).

Here?s a portrait of him, using a wonderful "Order of the Rose" among others...

IPB Image

Edited by ricky1972