News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

57er Ribbon Bars

Hi,

I've had a look and surprised to find that there is no dedicated thread for 57er Bundeswehr Ribbon bars.

My few examples are below. Note that they are ones with no cause for concern, unlike many that seem to be popping up on eBay these days.

Please add your unquestionably genuine ones!

Regards

Mike

Obverse...

Hi Mike

Nice bars!

Here is mine. Two of them are unused and unmounted but I chose to include them here. I also included the miniature medal bar because it matches the ribbon bar below.

Kjell

[attachmentid=47058]

This piece was ordered by me directly at the "Kleiderkasse der Bundeswehr", twenty years ago when I was a member of the German Airforce.

Unfortunately I was a beginner in collecting ODM and so I didn`t know nothing about the order of wearing :blush:

You see a RK with EL, but no EK 1 or 2 !!!

But the guys at the Kleiderkasse mounted everything you ordered, without asking :D

Greetings

eitze

Hi,

I've had a look and surprised to find that there is no dedicated thread for 57er Bundeswehr Ribbon bars.

My few examples are below. Note that they are ones with no cause for concern, unlike many that seem to be popping up on eBay these days.

Please add your unquestionably genuine ones!

Regards

Mike

Obverse...

Very nice Mike,I have been looking for a 57er ribbon bar with a pilots badge on it for a long time..if you ever see another :cheers:

Dave

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

Hi all,

Here's my latest from Noor. Pics are his and used with his kind permission (Many thanksTimo! :cheers: ).

It's supposedly named to Oskar Schmidt, an early volunteer to go to Spain with the Legion Condor. Seems he was cabin mate with Hajo Hermann on the steamer Usaramo on the voyage to Spain.

I say "supposedly named" because we have no documentation on this as yet. The original seller on WAF stated in an email that he had purchased the bar, then the person he bought it from told him about it being named... the deal having already been done he felt there was no reason for him to lie about this. He said he has a list of members of the LC and found said individual listed there. I'm hoping to get a scan or copy of this at some point. But for now, I've not been able to find any reference to him on the internet... but I know that's not unusual.

Needless to say if anyone has any additional information on said Oskar Schmidt please let me know. I got the bar for what it is and not so much for the fact that it might, or might not be named. If it is it's icing on the cake and would add much to it in my eyes... but if it turns out to be a tall tail I'm not that concerned.

• 4 months later...
    • 3 years later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

well,i just picked up my first 1957 postwar ribbon bar.

This one includes the EKI,EKII and the Hilfskreuzer award.

I have been looking for one of these ribbon bars with the HK award for some time.

I really like this one and the detail on these 57 miniatures is very fine.

Regards,Martin.