News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MEYBAUER's Spanish crosses

Jacques

I would like to share with all of you what are in my opinion the best spanish crosses.

MEYBAUER of Berlin made spanish crosses all along the war. these crosses are of high quality, very finelly detailed. this firm used several MM. I have encountered the following ones: "900", "900 + coat of arms", "coat of arms", L/13. Some crosses ae unmarked but the details are those of this firm. to my knowledge, MEYBAUER never used the LDO nbr "7" on its crosses.

the crosses were manufactured in bronze, tombac, massive silver.

Eagles: they are sharp detailed. the swas are square and show 2 cut out branches

Swords: the grips have 7 twists. they are thin.

Pin: generally the pins are massives and large at the top. it is typical on the L/13 variant.

Hook: two variants exist. the hook for the "L/13" is round. For the other crosses it is of a half-moon section, always directly soldered to the cross.

Here are presented 3 crosses:

Top: L/13

Bottom left: 900

Bottom right: 900 + coat of arms

jacques

• 1 year later...

Hi Fran,

I have the same conclusion as you. All the Meybauer crosses w/o sword I saw clearly shown cut swords. So whatever the MM, coat of arms or L/13, Meybauer only used swords die and them cut the swords.

Nevertheless, collectors have to be cautious with such silver crosses with cut swords; it is not so hard to do that for an unscrupulous dealer IOT increase the price.

jacques

• 1 month later...

Here's another Meybauer from my files, this time without swords.

Stan

I like this one with 900 and coat of arms.

Are these crosses all from your collection, Stan ?

This one needs a good cleaning,isn't it Sal ?

• 3 months later...
    • 7 years later...

Hello, I would apreciate if you can give your opinion about this L/13 Spanish Cross. After read the topics posted and some more information I can find some inconsistences related to this one like pin/hook, svastica circle rims, and eagles quality. Kindest regards, Paul Loader

http://loaderprice2.blogspot.com.ar/2014/08/spanienkreuz.html