News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Canadian Medals

Guest Darrell

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
    Guest Darrell

8. Canadian Police Exemplary Service Medal and Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Long Service Medal - Attributed to Robert M. Fralick.

Managed to snag this set off ebay. An elderly gentleman (formerly high ranking Police Officer in Ontario) who is 77 and no family members wanted his medals so he sold them. Sad that no family members want them.

He started his career in the Police Force in 1958. Retired in 1992.

The first medal is the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Long Service Medal which is an obsolete unoficial medal created until the Exemplary Police Medal was created in 1982.

Both cased and have that great look.

A. Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Long Service Medal

Case Top:

Guest Darrell

The old Gentleman was kind enough to write a little blurb on a piece of paper:

Jan. 25/09

This letter is to confirm that the accompanying medals were awarded to me during my career with the Police Services.

I started with the City of Welland Police Force on Dec. 15, 1958.

On January 1st, 1971, 12 Municipal Forces were amalgamated into the 1st Regional Force in Ontario ? The Niagara Regional Police Service.

It was during this time that I went up through the ranks and when I retired in early 1992, I held the rank of Acting Superintendent in # 2 Division Niagara Falls.

Robert Fralick

Edited by Darrell

• 2 months later...
    Guest Darrell

10. Canadian Volunteer Service Medal for Korea

Date: 12 July 1991

Award Criteria:

Awarded to former members of the Canadian Forces who were in the qualifying area of Korea and adjacent areas between June 27, 1950 and July 27, 1954 with four further provisions. The recipients were eligible if they were on the strength of a unit in Korea for one day, were on active service aboard a ship for at least 28 days, flew one sortie over korea or Koream waters or had accumulated at least 28 days service in the qualifying area. The medal could be awarded posthumously and 18,460 awards were made. Issued unnamed.

Medal Box Outside:

Edited by Darrell