News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Norwegian Front Fighterbadge

Here is the Norwegian NS Frontkjempermerket " Front Fighter Badge " . Marked with Silver stamp 830 S and "W" beleived to be the maker .

Awarded of Norwegian that Volunteered in Germany duty , also some Swedes and some Germans awarded Frontkjempermerket .

Most of the Norwegian Volunteers was in Waffen - SS .

As a note ! A Norwegian News Paper showed today pics from " Kaprolat " and " Hasselmann" where it si beleived that about 140 Norwegian was killed in fights against the Russian Army Midsummer 1944 . Several "Headscalps" and rests of German uniforms is lieing around in the area 60 years after the War ended .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

• 7 months later...

Bob !

Thanks !

Just a little extra info on last showed "Frontkjempermerket" . This "Frontkjempermerket" with 830 s under shield can also be found with thin pin like the pin and hinge on the 830S + W Badge .

And I beleive ( this is only My opinoin ) that they had a lot of damage on hinges and pins of the variant with thin pin , because this was a very weak point . And that it was changed to a wide straith pin with more "powerfull" hinge near the end of the War .

PS ! I have not seen this Badge yet , but I hope to do soon . There is a variant of "Frontkjempermerket" 830S + "W" with wide straith pin . This Badge is in s Collection of a Friend of mine .

And I beleive that he is one of the Person in Norway that has most knowledge about the Norwegian "Frontfighters" . He have contacted the " Frontfighter" that have awarded the Badge , and he tells that He got the Badge like this direct from the Norwegian "Frontkjemper" Office .

I hope he will allow me to take a shot of the Badge and Post here .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys !

Sorry ! That it took so long time .

But here is the Frontfighterbadge marked 830S + W with wide straith pin .

This is the only 830S + W I have seen with this type of pin . Badge comes direct from the Vet. , he still lives and got the badge this way from the Norwegian " Frontkjemperkontoret " . This badge has never been repaired .

Jan Arne

Badge from Geir B Collection . Photo taken by my , He has accept that I post pics here .

Edited by Jan Arne S

And here is an article from a period News Paper "Fritt Folk" about the institution of the " Frontfighterbadge " .

Sorry that text is in Norwegian .

At the end it stands !" Badge made after a drawing made of Harald Damsleth ".

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

And here is a period intervue with the "orignal" owner of the "hirdtjenestebok" .

Done when he was in Finnland . I have slached this last name .

He was the oldest among the Volunteers in 2. Politikompanie .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S