News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bob, I found the same thing in the file for a 73,xxx range party member from Thuringia whose pair of GPBs and Thuringen Ehren Adler I bought back in the happy days of Ebay. He had a propensity for loosing his badges and kept ordering new ones through the Gau Thuringen Treasurer's Office.

So Kunstmann's tunic was originally configured to take the large GPB with a brooch pin, then the slot was added for the stud configuration. Great information.

Bob, I found the same thing in the file for a 73,xxx range party member from Thuringia whose pair of GPBs and Thuringen Ehren Adler I bought back in the happy days of Ebay. He had a propensity for loosing his badges and kept ordering new ones through the Gau Thuringen Treasurer's Office.

So Kunstmann's tunic was originally configured to take the large GPB with a brooch pin, then the slot was added for the stud configuration. Great information.

I find it interesting that the S A Sportabzeichen takes presidence in wear over a wound badge! Both of Kunstmann's tunics have the loops for the horizontal pin. The tunic with cellulon & bullion insignia has the reinforced stitched round hole for the4 stud badge while the tunic with the metal insignia on the collar tabs has a horizontal slit to accomidate the hole mounting pin. I hopt to see you at the SOS!

Bob

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...

Joe,

Can you please post photos of your AH GBP? Otherwise email them to me and I'll post them.

Stan

Stan, I must apologize for rudely forgetting about this thread. Following too many forums has its price- forgetfulness. Here is a post of the A.H. 30mm with brooch pin attachment as you requested.

Do you and Bob have a copy of the published page listing Kunstmann as a recipient of the Golden Ehrenzeichen d. NSDAP?

Thanks Joe-better late than never...

Bob C has recently emailed me some photos of Adolf Kunstmann which I hope he will not mind me sharing. We both reckon that the AH GBP he is wearing on the photo with his son Wilfried is the the one in my collection which is stud back.

Another photo.

Stan

A great thread Gentlemen.

I've been looking at the 1933 RPT badge he's wearing in the last picture. It's a lot brighter compared to the "München" badge below it which is usually the same colour, I wonder whether the RPT is the silver version or whether it has been polished to a bright shine?

Cheers

Don

Stan, do you notice how Kunstmann's right breast pocket is pushed out, while the left one seems to have slack in it with the pocket flap pushing out? It appears the pin is holding on to something and is the front of the pocket is not free of the rear which would be the case if the button hole mount was in use? I think the brooch pin is being used and is attached to the material inside the pocket, holding the outside closer to the body. Just my thoughts.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for reopening this thread. It gives a chance to finally post the DAF tunic that I mentioned here earlier. There are no thread loops on this tunic. Only the oval opening for the stud backed award. The opening shows obvious signs of a stud back badge being worn in the hole. The hole measures 10mm wide by approx 3mm high. There are no maker tags of any kind in the tunic.

Regards,

Gordon