News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites,

I just came back yesterday from my "Strafexpedition" in Germany. Very nice and mild fall weather, good German food and beer... all in all a very good and relaxed trip! I was in Gunzenhausen (Militaria show in Bavaria), in Ingoldstad (bayrisches Armeemuseum... very nice!) and in M?nchen.

From Gunzenhausen I got this bar with documents, therefore came with a name; it's always very nice for NCO bars, since they wouldn't be researchable.

Here's the description of the medals:

? Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2. Klasse (OEK 1909)

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer (OEK 3803/1)

? Preussen, DA 2. Mod., 1. Kl. f?r den Soldatenstand, 15 Jahre (OEK 1974)

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen f?r 40 Jahre (OEK

? Preussen, Zentenar-Medaille 1897 (OEK 1965), ca. 1'233'000 Verleihungen (awarded pieces)

? Schweden, Orden des Schwertes, silbernes Kreuz

A little quiz for your Imperial collectors; in which regiment has this NCO served? That should be very easy for the "alten Hasen" (veterans) on this forum.

I will post more later... In the meanwhile enjoy this little-big bar!

Ciao,

Claudio

wow... over 40 people have looked into this thread, no one has even thought to write something about it. I am asking myself if I should go on and show the other interesting stuff I aquired with this bar. Too bad!!! :mad::(

I can't hide that I am quite disappointed!

Ciao,

Claudio

Yes, thank you Dan for your kind reply and showing interest in this thread. You're absolutely right about the unit!

Here I am posting his bar with his EK Besitzzeugnis and his Award (Auszeichnung) on double ribbon (colors of Sweden and Prussia).

Ciao,

Claudio

his Urkunde for the Zentenar-Medaille as young F?silier... too bad that there isn't any date on it, but I presume that this document was issued in 1897-8...

A very funny note... on this document his name is written "SCHWANZ", which in German means literelly "tail" or also "penis". His real name was "SCHWANTES". Maybe the Beamte/Schreiber (clerk) who wrote his name was a bit confused or was a joker...

A very interesting document about the celebration of the 215th anniversary of the F?silier-Regiment Nr. 34! F?silier is an old denomination for Infatry or Rifleman, like in Switzerland all the infantry soldiers are "F?silier" and not "Sch?tze" or "Grenadier" or "J?ger".

Claudio, Sir, my apologies for not replying yesterday. I know how disheartning few or no replys can be. My only excuse is my mind was somewhat preoccupied. :unsure:

Thank you for showing such an outstanding grouping. I must admit I know little of much but I do enjoy learning.

Question, on the blue membership document, on the reverse? Is that an advertisment? I wonder if it could be for the firm, HCH TIMM? I have two items marked to this maker but no further knowledge of said maker.

Thank you again for showing the grouping.

--dj--Joe

My apologies, Claudio. I just saw this thread today.

Your stuff is always stunning, and being a collector of Scandinavian items it's always interesting for me to see Norwegian/Swedish/Danish medals in foreign groups. Very nice group indeed!

And having the Swedish award document too is terrific :)

/Mike

Hi Joe,

I don't need to apologize, but I thank you for your support and encouragement to post more.

Yes, you are right: it's an advertisment of a firm which produced flags and such textile items (maybe also embroidery). I don't know if this firm still exists nowadays (probably).

Ciao,

Claudio

Claudio, Sir, my apologies for not replying yesterday. I know how disheartning few or no replys can be. My only excuse is my mind was somewhat preoccupied. :unsure:

Thank you for showing such an outstanding grouping. I must admit I know little of much but I do enjoy learning.

Question, on the blue membership document, on the reverse? Is that an advertisment? I wonder if it could be for the firm, HCH TIMM? I have two items marked to this maker but no further knowledge of said maker.

Thank you again for showing the grouping.

--dj--Joe