You're welcome. Here is more info:
After the end of the Crimean War, in September 1856, attempts were made to perpetuate the memory of combatants. At the initiative of officers and soldiers of the former Crimean Army, a fundraising was started for the improvement of the cemetery of soldiers who fell in Sevastopol on the North side. Already September 14, 1869 was to create the Museum of the Sevastopol Defense. The officers, the participants of the defense, met annually for meetings called Sevastopol lunches. At one of these meetings, it was decided to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the beginning of the defense with the release of a cross-token. In 1890, in memory of the 35th anniversary of the defense of Sevastopol, a badge was established for its survivors.
The “Iron and Blood” crosses was mostly made from fragments of English cast-iron cores found on the battlefields of Sevastopol. Orders for the manufacture of tokens were placed with private jewelers and craftsmen.
It is an equilateral cross of cast iron, in the center of which is a medallion, covered with red enamel, with the number "349" - the number of days of defense of Sevastopol. The medallion covers a golden wreath of oak branches, which are tied at the bottom with a gold ribbon. On the reverse side in the center, the name of the owner of the token was engraved, and in a circle in the Old Slavonic script the inscription: “Rep. PROT. Of Sevastopol ”and the dates of the beginning and end of the defense of the fortress:“ 1854– 1855 ”. This cross is also called the Cross of Blood or the Cross of Iron and Blood. Subsequently, the cross - a token entered as part of the jubilee regimental badges of the Zhytomyr Infantry Regiment, the 5th battery, the 14th art. Brigade, 4th Battery 17th Art. brigade, battleship "Sevastopol" and others.