News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Border Guard Badges

• Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed already posted a E 13, so I move on to E 14, which he also posted, but as mentioned earlier I have two different "variations" of this one. I think the one on the right on my pic is like the one Ed posted (with a "silver" look), the other on the left has a more yellow "golden" look. Is the one with a "silver" look just more worn? I guess it's possible as the reverse of both my Badges look almost the same. Anyway here are both.

Dolf

Ed already posted a E 13, so I move on to E 14, which he also posted, but as mentioned earlier I have two different "variations" of this one. I think the one on the right on my pic is like the one Ed posted (with a "silver" look), the other on the left has a more yellow "golden" look. Is the one with a "silver" look just more worn? I guess it's possible as the reverse of both my Badges look almost the same. Anyway here are both.

Dolf

I think, especially on these Mongolian badges, the gold- versus silver-coloured business may just be random variation in manufacturing. The same sort of thing we see with the Soviet 25th Anniversary of the GPW badge? What do we think??

Finally, two NIBs that for obvious reasons I believe they belong on this Border Badges category.

That's it folks, no more Badges on this category as far as I'm concerned.

Please complete the gaps here if you have any others on this E-Border Guards category.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

I think, especially on these Mongolian badges, the gold- versus silver-coloured business may just be random variation in manufacturing. The same sort of thing we see with the Soviet 25th Anniversary of the GPW badge? What do we think??

Ed,

Yes, I guess it's a strong possibility.

Or those with a "silver" look may just have been more worn than those with a yellow "golden" look!

Dolf

• 2 months later...

E 07b - For Success in Guarding, II

Dolf has shown some of these above.

See: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10173&st=5

I just received one from one of our good forum friends that suggests more complexity in these E 07 badges than we have assumed.

Dolf's examp[les are on-target with the ones shown by Battushig, with medium blue backing on the second class' tablet where the "II" appears and gold-yellow on the "III".

This one has white on the tablet behind the "II".

Differences by branch, unit, or ???

Nope, absolutely plain. Just goofy reflections of scan or deviant screen behavior? Or the kind of visual fantasy outbreaks to which collectors of Mongolian awards are prone? All that lovely enamel?? :P

:D

Just checked mine, also no numbers at all.

Dolf

• 3 weeks later...