News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I am looking for info on one Mr."Paeschke,Wilhelm".In Oct. 1944 he held the rank of Major der Reserve and was ordered to Luftgaukommando XI.Now my problem with this guy is this:he was a scientist and may have been prior to the Luftgau XI with the Wehrmacht.I have no real idea where to start looking for the guy,maybe someone can be so kind as to take a glance at his info-pool and maybe finds something about him.

Regards

PS:

I have some cryptic notes on the backside of a doc.I assume he made these notes,maybe they are of help for you guys in the know with this research business.

Schirrmeister Armbruster

Feldpostnr. 17896

7 Komp Mot 144...Hirschberg

Abtlg. /638

Major Tietz

Thanks

Edited by Rosenberg

Guest Rick Research

This MAY be

Dr. phil. Wilhelm Paeschke, born 3 December 1893. German navy August 1914 as an Engineer officer candidate:

Ingenieur Aspirant 25.3.18

Leutnant (Ing) 1.1.21

Oberleutnant (Ing) 1.1.23 #1

retired from the Reichsmarine 31 August 1928

WW1:

aboard "Kaiser Karl der Grosse" April to August 1915, then on "Derfflinger" to March 1917, "Vulkan" to September 1917, attending the Engineering & Deck Officers School to March 1918, then assigned to the Uboat section (ashore since no submarine service is indicated). In 1926 he was the Training Officer aboard "Emden."

He received the Iron Cross 2nd Class in WW1 and the Prussian/Imperial IX Years Service Medal before being commissioned, per the 1926 Navy Rank List.

Marine Offizier Verband directories for 1935 and 1937 show him in G?ttingen with no occupation listed--probably studying for his doctorate. (There is apparently an online directory of all German Ph.Ds but I don't know where it is-- ask member "webr55" who used it to locate Dr. Enderle's in the "Romantic Professor" thread :beer: )

What's this ex-navy grease monkey got to do with the Luftwaffe to even be a suspect? :rolleyes:

The May 1939 M.O.V. directory shows him as

resident of M?nstedterstra?e 20, Braunschweig, employed as

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter bei der Luftfahrtforschungs-Anstalt "Hermann G?ring," Aerodynamisches Institut, Braunschweig.

So I think he's your man.

I found him: Wilhelm Paeschke got a PhD in G?ttingen in natural science on 4th May 1937.

The title of his PhD thesis was "Experimentelle Untersuchungen zum Rauhigkeits- und Stabilit?tsproblem in der bodennahen Luftschicht".