News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Imperial Medal bar on Ebay

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally 1830 Euros for the Major Uhlenhaut medal bar - much too high.

Well, that's YOUR opinion, I think the price is normal, neither cheap nor to high - just MY opinion.

The one who bought it might get happy with it ... :P;)

Auction has ended and is sold to a forum's member, so might I ask if Major Uhlenhaut is the correct identification?

PS:

Pardon, have not been online here for a quite a long time ... :rolleyes:

PPS:

The Bavarian MVO, as I know, has been awarded about 1,111times and is actually hard to get (with swords: about 26,000 - that's what S. Zimmermann told me).

I'm still looking like an idiot for a fair example, not such a piece with removed swords (as the last ones offered on Ebay)

Edited by saschaw

Well, that's YOUR opinion, I think the price is normal, neither cheap nor to high - just MY opinion.

The one who bought it might get happy with it ... :P;)

My feelings exactly. I can understand people thinking a price is too high if it's a 'generic' piece that are sold for half the price from a lot of other dealers, but these bars are pretty unique.

Congratulations :)

/Mike

Hi,

The Id of the bar, is correct. I'm not so faster than Rick R, but I have find it in 15 minutes.

It is a really great medal bar, and the most important it is complete with the ribbon bar. Wonderful items. Each people choose how much they can pay for one medal bar. If they want it, they pay for it. So it is the choice of each people.

Regards

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

I never look at eBay, so I didn't know.

Congratulations. :beer: I cannot remember the last time I saw that class of the Schwarzburger-X. :love::love::love:

Why is the F?rstlich Schwarzburgisches Ehrenkreuz (Modell f?r Rudolstadt) - Ehrenkreuz 3. Klasse on the ribbon bar at the second place while at teh actually medal bar it is positioned almost at the very end?

So Rick

Now that the auction is all said and done what was the reason for the Schwarzburger being moved from 2nd place on the ribbon bar to 2nd to last place on the medal bar?

Regards,

Mark

Now that the auction is all said and done what was the reason for the Schwarzburger being moved from 2nd place on the ribbon bar to 2nd to last place on the medal bar?

THIS would also me interesset really. :speechless:

He was probably not a Schwarzburger, rather a Baden or Prussian citizan. Might he have been for a short time in a Schwarzburg regiment, and wore the Schwarzburg ribbon there that far on 2nd place? Might it be this? Or is there anyting else that would make any sense?

I would say, from the precendence of the awards on the Medalbar, he was a Prussian with heart and soul. :P

Well, by now I've seen some Baden officer portraits from about 1870 to 1900 (REAL Baden officers, fighting 1866 against Prussia!) wearing their Baden awards, even the Z?hringer, after their Prussian REO and so.

Since 1871 they had the "Pr?dikat K?niglich Preu?isch" (and got Prussian LS awards), but actually still were Badeners in an Baden regiment, so they might not have knwon how to wear it the right way ...

Edited by saschaw

Guest Rick Research

"He was probably not a Schwarzburger, rather a Baden or Prussian citizan. Might he have been for a short time in a Schwarzburg regiment, and wore the Schwarzburg ribbon there that far on 2nd place? Might it be this? Or is there anyting else that would make any sense?"

That is EXACTLY it-- :beer:

because he happened to be on assignment with the Schwarzburg regiment, he gave regulation "pride of place" on his ribbon bar which he would have worn there quite often, if not daily.

But being cheap, and knowing that he would go on like all other field officers to the general promotion pool being assigned to any regiment that had a "position," he left the medal bar in Prussian mode, "foreign" awards in the date of award order. He started out in Baden, got the Bavarian one for who-knows-what, and was decorated by Schwarzburg as a senior officer on the "home" regiment's staff. His next assignment could have been in Hesse, or Oldenburg, or another Thuringian state... then along came the war, and he never wore his full medals again.

• 2 weeks later...
    Deruelle said:
    As soon as you receive the medal bar, it is possible for you to make better photos and post them please. Thanks per advance.

I'm still having problem posting nice and big scans, but I think this might get better soon? At least I hope so.

And, I do not have a Epson 2400 :(;)

First of all, the medal bar's front:

post-1172-1156879823.jpg

7er_Ordensspange_GMIC_a.jpg

Edited by saschaw

Guest Rick Research

Although Inf Rgt 96 was brigaded with Sachsen-Weimar's Inf Rgt 94, he did not receive a White Falcon Order-- I checked the wartime rolls. (I will do those after Sachsen-Coburg).

The only wartime award I can find for him was a

Saxon Albert Order-Ritter I. X on & January 1918 as Major, Kommandant of Etappen Kommandantur 128.

No first name on the Saxon roll. :(

The Honor Rank List shows him as Commander of Infanterie Regiment 373 (225. Inf Div)

He resigned before 1.1.1919 so his final rank as Oberstleutnant aD may have been charakterisiert. Some of his seniority-mates were still Majors then.

• 3 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Elephants and Rickies never forget.

Not ONLY did I find another WW1 award for Uhlenhaut, but this also provides us

(a drumroll, puhleeeeeez, maestro)

with his first name: KURT

Sachsen-Meiningen Kriegsehrenkreuz, as Hauptmann in Infanterie Regiment 22 (!!!!) on 1 July 1915:

Fr?hliche Weihnachten!

Rick, you are the only human alive that can make sense of that squiggly stuff. I am afraid that when your body passes on to the realm of the dead we will have to keep your head alive in one of those bubbling jars hooked to a super computer so you can continue with your work. Perhaps we can drop a goldfish or two in to keep you company.

Guest Rick Research

No fear! After I complete the 4,000 or so Saxe-Weimar Silver General Decorations with Xs (a daunting task) to complete the rolls from THAT state, it's

On To Sachsen-Meiningen and the transcription and alphabetization of theirs.

Looks like Easter-ish '07.

I've got ALL of Lippe-Detmold, which I may just do because they are so incredibly neat and legible (and complete, data-wise), and may have MORE to pick up in the spring after the Mountain Passes have thawed again.

?3 for a week's worktime... how could any sane, rational person pass THAT up? :unsure::rolleyes::speechless1::speechless: