News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everyone, please forgive me if I have put this message in the wrong place. I have recently been bequeathed military items which I have been told are very old. How do I go about finding out about them. I have some jackets and helmets and an old gun which I believe is called a musket. Any help with the Items would be much appreciated. Sorry I am pretty new to this, so please accept my apologies in advance.

thanks bernie

Hello everyone, please forgive me if I have put this message in the wrong place. I have recently been bequeathed military items which I have been told are very old. How do I go about finding out about them. I have some jackets and helmets and an old gun which I believe is called a musket. Any help with the Items would be much appreciated. Sorry I am pretty new to this, so please accept my apologies in advance.

thanks bernie

Hallo Bernie, :beer:

Welcome to the forum, there is a section called "Guest Valuation and Identification" it takes a few hours for the items to appear once posted as they must be reviewed by one of the moderaters, perhaps they could move this thread there for you.

The Gentlemen of the Club have been a big help in identifying some of my items, although it may take a little time as some are located in different time zones around the world.

Also it will be a big help, if you can take some pictures (by digital camera) and attach them to the posts showing your items, remember to use the "add reply" after you post each picture and keep it all in the one thread which saves some space.

Pictures taken out doors with natural light will be a great help as this can elimanate the nasty shine given off by the flash, also if the objects are small and flat they can be scanned, this is also good for any documentation.

Pictures of the helmets, front, back, and sides and inner if possible, and jackets front and rear, and makers labels and collars, and sleeves for any badges or sewn insignia.

With regards the musket pictures showing any makers marks or stampings will help as well as a full length shot of both sides of the weapon.

I know its a little work to get all the pictures but the more taken the better for a positive id of your items.

I hope this reply is some use to you,

Kevin in Deva (Transylvania) :cheers: