Aircraft WNr.s

Adam Thompson

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know if there has ever been a list of all aircraft and their WNr.s that served with the Condor Legion produced? I am especially interested in those aircraft that served with AS/88 - the maritime unit. Likewise, the operational files for the Condor Legion must have existed at one time or another; does anyone know if the still do exist - and if so, where?

Best regards

Adam

Edited by Adam Thompson

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know if there has ever been a list of all aircraft and their WNr.s that served with the Condor Legion produced? I am especially interested in those aircraft that served with AS/88 - the maritime unit. Likewise, the operational files for the Condor Legion must have existed at one time or another; does anyone know if the still do exist - and if so, where?

Best regards

Adam

Adam, I think that type of list will be hard to obtain. I can help you with many 109 #'s if you like but a complete list of all airdraft wing #'s I think is a daunting task.

What are you looking for exactly? Is this for models or are you researching something specific?

Best, Sal

Sal,

I'm trying to track down the WNr's of the seaplanes that were sent to Spain (He 59, 60 and 115). My research is for something specific and not models.

Any help you could offer would be great.

regards

Adam

This is what I have (not much!):

He 115 A-0 D-ANTP

He 115 A-0 D-AOHC

Source:

SALGADO, JUAN CARLOS: HEINKEL HE 115 (I)

Quir?n Ediciones. Valladolid, 2002.

ISBN 84-87314-91-0

On the other hand, you may know that two additional German seaplanes served in the Spanish Civil War:

Junkers Ju 52 W (manned always by German personnel)

Arado Ar 95 (Germans handled them to Spanish units)

During the WWII Spanish Air Force received also Dornier Do 24 and Heinkel He 114 seaplanes.

There is little info about WrNr's of German aircraft sent to Spain.

Best regards

Edited by Panzerpionier

• 1 year later...

Adam, I think that type of list will be hard to obtain. I can help you with many 109 #'s

Best, Sal

Hello Sal,

Do you really have 'many' 109's Werk Numbers? WNr. aren't those painted in the fuse but those engraved in the aircraft's data plate.

Regarding to seaplanes I have handed some original original documents and no one WNr. is consigned. Only fuse codes.

Cheers

Fran