News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rosenborg Slot (Copehnagen)

• Replies 88
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closer

Guy,

You had quite a nice close-up of this one. Could you please post it?

I visited the museum together with Guy and some other medal nut cases last year during the international meeting of phaleristic societies. We had quite a nice strawl through the museum. The only problem was that it was forbidden to take photographs inside, so we had to guard Guy off from the guards while he was taking pictures. How did you manage to get those pics Ed?

Edited by ErikMuller

Great Pics Ed!

I love Copenhagen also, and Rosenborg castle in particular. I think the Danish Crown jewels are the nicest I've ever seen, so if you have some pics of some of the crowns and such please show us those too!

Matt.

here the crowns

Guy,

You had quite a nice close-up of this one. Could you please post it?

I visited the museum together with Guy and some other medal nut cases last year during the international meeting of phaleristic societies. We had quite a nice strawl through the museum. The only problem was that it was forbidden to take photographs inside, so we had to guard Guy off from the guards while he was taking pictures. How did you manage to get those pics Ed?

I was allowed to take pictures (I payed for it at the enterance) but the problem whas that I toke the pictures by putting my lens ont the glass of the showcases :blush: , so I could take the pictures without flashlight to have no reflection, and that the guards didn't like. :speechless:

So we played a little cat and mouse :Cat-Scratch::D

Edited by g_deploige

I was allowed to take pictures (I payed for it at the enterance) but the problem whas that I toke the pictures by putting my lens ont the glass of the showcases :blush: , so I could take the pictures without flashlight to have no reflection, and that the guards didn't like. :speechless:

So we played a little cat and mouse :Cat-Scratch::D

ok... missed that paying-at-the-entrance-bit. Oh well, you still made some beautiful pictures and I'm glad I have them on my hard disk :beer:

Just hope SKF has an alternative for this waiting for us in October :P

I think that crown is to bombastic. "Less is more" I would think. I went to Copenhagen a few weeks ago, but I didn't visited the castle. I visited the artilely and uniforms museum Tojhusgade. Also a nice one withe a few viterines with more modern decorations and orders and lots and lots of weapons.

But I have to warn you guys, don't hurt you over there, becouse the guards don't know first aid and the first aid box is for the show: the desinfectant/cleaning tissues where absolutly dried up! As a result of that I got a nasty infection :( and couldn't work for a week :unsure:

afteral I kept good memories about Copenhagen and I'll go back in the future.

I like this Ironcross of 1830. It has a design I've never seen before.

Edited by oli4vercammen

I went to Copenhagen a few weeks ago, but I didn't visited the castle. I visited the artilely and uniforms museum Tojhusgade. Also a nice one withe a few viterines with more modern decorations and orders and lots and lots of weapons.

Here the Iron Cross (Belgium) more in detail

I think that crown is to bombastic. "Less is more" I would think. I went to Copenhagen a few weeks ago, but I didn't visited the castle. I visited the artilely and uniforms museum Tojhusgade. Also a nice one withe a few viterines with more modern decorations and orders and lots and lots of weapons.

But I have to warn you guys, don't hurt you over there, becouse the guards don't know first aid and the first aid box is for the show: the desinfectant/cleaning tissues where absolutly dried up! As a result of that I got a nasty infection :( and couldn't work for a week :unsure:

afteral I kept good memories about Copenhagen and I'll go back in the future.

I like this Ironcross of 1830. It has a design I've never seen before.

I had put up some images of the Royal Arsenal Museum (T?jhusmuseet) from my last trip to Copenhagen over at:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7393&st=7

and one of the show cases with te belgian and Dutch OMD

Of the Dutch medals at least three were fakes: the Naarden Siege Medal 1814 (tin version of 1860), the Flying Cross (questionable) and the Crown for the Honourable Mention on the Expedition Cross (definitely not an official one!).

Edited by ErikMuller

haha,

Lured out by a dutchie.......

However, it's a little shame,

Did you know that the city of den Briel also had a medal,

which was very sparely awarded???

I have seen one of them ?nd had it in my hands.......

It's now still with the last living familymember of that man who bravely fought the spaniards in Den Briel.....

Kind regards,

Jacky