News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That is a VERY nice variant "OK1" with a fully scooped out "soup bowl" reverse I haven't seen before. Mine is flat (and as often the case, with that feeling "iron fence railings" paint scrubbed completely off to not mark clothing it rubbed against), and I have seen dimpled reverses, but never one as deep as yours.

Greetings Rick smile.gif

I have an article with seven different types of OK1, three flat and four scooped out reverses. The one posted by Don ought to be the one titled St?ck D with the following measures:

Slightly vaulted, magnetic cross and pin.

Hight: 45,2mm

Width: 45,6mm

Diameter medallion: 20,75mm

Weight: 25,7g

The one posted by you was tougher to find a perfect match to, but the closest was St?ck A. Also slightly vaulted and magnetic. The needle is in buntmetall though.

Height: 45,5mm

Width: 45,65mm

Diameter medallion: 21,3mm

Weight: 26,6g

The one posted by me is similar to Don's, although I think the needle isn't quite the same. I'd like to hear your opinion on this one, hence I believe it could very possibly be a cast piece.

KR

Peter

That is a VERY nice variant "OK1" with a fully scooped out "soup bowl" reverse I haven't seen before. Mine is flat (and as often the case, with that feeling "iron fence railings" paint scrubbed completely off to not mark clothing it rubbed against), and I have seen dimpled reverses, but never one as deep as yours.

Greetings Rick smile.gif

I have an article with seven different types of OK1, three flat and four scooped out reverses. The one posted by Don ought to be the one titled St?ck D with the following measures:

Slightly vaulted, magnetic cross and pin.

Hight: 45,2mm

Width: 45,6mm

Diameter medallion: 20,75mm

Weight: 25,7g

The one posted by you was tougher to find a perfect match to, but the closest was St?ck A. Also slightly vaulted and magnetic. The needle is in buntmetall though.

Height: 45,5mm

Width: 45,65mm

Diameter medallion: 21,3mm

Weight: 26,6g

The one posted by me is similar to Don's, although I think the needle isn't quite the same. I'd like to hear your opinion on this one, hence I believe it could very possibly be a cast piece.

KR

Peter

Guest Rick Research

Isn't the internet great? To be able to see more things in one thread than in 30 years of prowling militaria shows and buying from snail mail catalogs?

That one is ANOTHER variant! There is so much in COMMON with these crosses-- the peculiar way the pin attachments are held on with strips... I wonder if the ? molds/? dies for these cracked and broke all the time, causing so many different ones? there cannot have been that many MAKERS for so few actual awards!

My cross is exactly 45 mm x 45 mm, slightly vaulted. As best I can measure the center disk is 21 mm wide. I have nothing to measure increments below 1 mm, and nothing that will make weights. The pin on mine is a slightly yellowish white metal that does not tarnish.

• 5 months later...

here is a very interesting bar, could someone give me please any information on the last two awards - 2 ribbons and one cross. There is no hook on the back for the last order so I don`t know what this ribbon is for....

thank you

Heiko

The second-to-last, red with yellow edges, is the Russian Order of St. Anne.

The last is the Serbian Charity Cross. I suppose it's possible that a German might have gotten this, but its proper ribbon is pale blue, not whatever shade of puked-up orange juice that is.

• 8 years later...

one more, very interesting with the EK (black-white) and honourcross without swords!!!! The DSWA-medal is a ultra rare type made of pure silver AND with the Stempelschneider Schultz (makers mark) !!!

Does anyone have any further info about the pure silver DSWA medals ?? I never knew they existed!!

• 4 years later...
    On 04/12/2013 at 09:46, Chris Boonzaier said:

Does anyone have any further info about the pure silver DSWA medals ?? I never knew they existed!!

Does anyone have any further details?

Thanks and best regards

Karsten

• 2 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 25/08/2020 at 13:15, laurentius said:

I got this grouping recently, with the somewhat rare Kriegerverdienstmedaille.

Not Krieger-, but Kriegsverdienstmedaille! Somewhat rare is relative, I agree it's uncommon. It definitely is remarkable, however, to find one mounted in a group. It seems most of these went to women, and thus appear on bows, and often even unribboned. I have hardly ever seen any on a medal bar!

This thread has been pretty much on the "OK", but Oldenburg's awards are  so much more, so I wanted to add an honor cross of the house and merit order order, 1st class with crown, from the earliest type, made by J. G. Hossauer from Berlin in 1857. This is not not mine anymore, but has already found its way into an appreciative collection... hope you enjoy!

R02704 - 03943 b2.jpeg

R02704 - 03943 c2.jpeg

R02704 - 03943 d2.jpeg