Paul L Murphy

plmurphy's Japanese collection

One of my key areas of interest is Imperial Japan so here are a few of the Japanese related items that are in my collection. Starting with some of the earlier and more expensive medals , here is the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal.

Next up is an example of the 5th Class of the Order of the Sacred Crown. A scarce and truely beautiful award. This piece is a post war example.

Very nice indeed. Many thanks! It is good to see Japanese awards treated as Japanese awards and not as some sideshow of "Axis". More, please!!

Awesome items! I have not seen such top shelf Japanese enamal work before! That marshal's badge is really something! Please post more.

Hi Chris (et al),

Yes, I moved to Moscow from Saudi last year. It will come as no surprise that I prefer Moscow !

Here are a few more items. First up three certificate to a Major General. To start with we have the Golden Kite 3rd Class hand signed by Hirohito and awarded to him in 1934 after the Manchurian Incident.

Finally his Golden Kite 5th class which he won for bravery as a Lieutenant. This is hand signed by the Meiji Emperor. Unfortunately the three certificates that we signed by the emperor were kept apart from his other awards so I do not have the rest of his paperwork.

A slight change of tack, this is the 6th class of the Order of United Glory which was awarded by the puppet government in China under Japanese occupation. Very rare in any class since it effectively carried a death sentence if you were caught with one after 1945.

Next up, Order of the Rising Sun 1st Class. This is a Meiji period award and was given to the Mexican Minister Plenipotentiary at the start of the 20th Century.