News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

plmurphy's Japanese collection

Paul L Murphy

Hi Chris (et al),

Yes, I moved to Moscow from Saudi last year. It will come as no surprise that I prefer Moscow !

Here are a few more items. First up three certificate to a Major General. To start with we have the Golden Kite 3rd Class hand signed by Hirohito and awarded to him in 1934 after the Manchurian Incident.

Finally his Golden Kite 5th class which he won for bravery as a Lieutenant. This is hand signed by the Meiji Emperor. Unfortunately the three certificates that we signed by the emperor were kept apart from his other awards so I do not have the rest of his paperwork.

A slight change of tack, this is the 6th class of the Order of United Glory which was awarded by the puppet government in China under Japanese occupation. Very rare in any class since it effectively carried a death sentence if you were caught with one after 1945.

• 2 weeks later...