News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's too bad we don't have "drooling" smilie! OUTSTANDING Bar Claudio! (BTW, welcome on-board!) The two "merit crosses" of the Merit Order and Albert Order with swords are pretty tough to find...... mounted together..... yummy!

@ Stogieman: Thank you for welcoming on this forum. I am glad to "see" you here, too! biggrin.gif

@ Bob: Thanks for your good words... you have got a truly beautiful collection! I am looking forward to seeing your pieces.

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Maybe you can find out who was his "Einheitskommandeur" (Major Riese?)

I am as certain as I can be that the Major Riese who signed this document was the later Generalmajor and Artillerie-Kommandeur 143 from 1 Jan 1916 - 22 Feb 1917 Friedrich Riese.

General Riese was born on the 20 Mar 1856 and died on 18 Nov 1919.

Major Riese returned from Africa and assumed command of II./FAR. 50 on the 1 Nov 1906 and of FAR. 5 on 18 Aug 1908 having been promoted to Oberstleutnant on the 20 Jul 1907. He retired as an Oberst on 24 Mar 1909.

As Rick points out he is listed twice in the Ehrenrangliste: once as a Generalmajor and once as an Oberst and both incorrectly give his last peacetime appointment as FAR. 15 and not FAR. 5! He was still an Oberst whilst ARKO 143 so I presume he was given a "charakterisierte" promotion on his final retirement.

Sekonde-Lieutenant: 17.10.78

Premier-Lieutenant: 22.3.87

Hauptmann: 18.11.90

Major: 18.1.01

Oberstleutnant: 20.7.07

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

Glenn is the only person I know who can CORRECT 80 year old German errors! :food-smiley-004: jumping jumping jumping

Very nice and complete set! Saxon stuff is nice!

I do have one question - why are the swords on the ribbon bar in gold? I realize that these crosses are attached to to the orders but looking at the ribbon bar I would expect an AR2. Was there any type of regulation on this or is gold accepted as these are part of the order family?