News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen, what is this for?

Good morning, gents.

I have this large eagle to Show you and to ,hopefully , find out what it is for and where it would have been mounted etc..

Any ideas gents?

Pictured with it is a cuff title, this should give you an idea to the size of this thing.

All comments welcome!

Thanks!

Regards

Paul

Guest Rick Research

What does the back look like? Bolts?

This looks like something that was mounted on a heavy presentation plaque of some kind?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again Gents.

The seller has sent a pic of the reverse, it turns out that he has a picture of this in use, apparently it is the top half of a "Jiggling Johnnie" ( whatever that is?) used by a Luftwaffe Band. So there you go, mystery concluded.

It appears down at the bottom of the Eagle is two holes drilled in the mounting plate for mounting to a pole like banner pole where the soldier would carry it with the eagle high above the marching bandmembers heads for all to see!

Any ideas on the worth of such an item??

Your help would be much appreciated thankyou gentlemen

Regards

Paul

Oh! and can someone look at the new pics of the Fallschirmjager cuff title in the Luft forum, i need to know more about it before i open the wallet! Cheers,P.

Edited by notned

Thanks for the very Informative pic Don.

Now we all can get an idea what this eagle was for and perhaps learn a bit more about these Schellenbaums.

Anyone else have any pics or Info?

And please if you do have an idea, please advise a price for this item.

Cheers

Paul