News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello ladies and gents,

I've had this neat little pocket magazine for quite a while and decided to post it for your viewing. It has many pictures of soldiers, songs and advertisements for cigarrettes and liquor amongst others. I couldn't find any dates on it but maybe someone can recognize the date from the price and markings on the front cover. I reckon it was a common magazine that the soldiers of ww1 Germany would take with them to provide entertainment in the trenches. Here are some pics, and I eagerly await your opinions and info on this little magazine.

Cheers,

Pat

Of note as well is that there is a Christmas tree song at the very end, so maybe this was a yearly book? or maybe the Yuletide edition. Here is the back cover, with a quaint ad for some fine German cognac,

Cheers :beer:

Pat

Here is an example of the content of the pocket book, a pretty interesting read from what broken German I can actually understand :blush: , but I'm learning it steadily.

Cheers, and please leave your comments!

Pat

• 2 months later...

Hello again gentlemen,

Does anyone else have one of these magazines to show? Any and all background info on this is great as I don't usually collect Imperial items but I had to get this magazine as it was very interesting to me. Thanks for any comments!

Cheers,

Pat