Kev in Deva

Price enquiry with regards Belgian Medal

Hallo Gentlemen,:beer:

a good friend of mine here in Romania has picked up some loose medals, among them a Belgian:

"THE KING ALBERT MEDAL" with the inscription in French, can any of you give me a value?? I am more into the historic value, he being poorer, the monetary value :blush:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

This medal is created 7/4/1919 given for merit to belgian and non-belgian who during the war did humanitary work to help the poor belgians.

When the ribon has only one belgian flag in his ribbon than it is given for charity work

When the ribbon has 2 balgian flags (like this one) it has been given for logistiek work to occupied belgium

the 31/12/1930 the same medal with a bleu ribbon with a horisontal belgian flag is created for the political prisonner 1914-1918

See picture

can any of you give me a value

Hello Kevin,

I think a fair price for this medal these days would be something like 40 Euros although it often sells for more than that amount. The double striped ribbon is usually considered rarer than the single striped one.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Edited by Hendrik

Hello Kevin,

I think a fair price for this medal these days would be something like 40 Euros although it often sells for more than that amount. The double striped ribbon is usually considered rarer than the single striped one.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

thank you all for your replies with regards my queries on these medals, as I mentioned the owner, a Romanian friend of mine, is a student, and will possibly want to sell them, money from this will help to pay towards his studies, and I want to be sure he gets a fair price for his items.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: