Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

WTF do people think they are DOING????? :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

My Evil Twin can confirm-- I think this is the 5th ribbon bar box that I've ever seen.

A PRUSSIAN!!!? Where did THAT come from in the deepest darkest forests of backwoods Bavaria????

Did you know you can get the citation text for his Austrian Large Silver Bravery Medal from Vienna? You can ask them for his "Belohnungsantrag."

BTW, quite oddly indeed, I believe the campaign front bar there for the Turkish War medal star is "Kafkaz," for the Caucasus Front! Nowhere near Palestine and the Asienkorps!

Yes, but it's in the TRASH!!!! ohmy.gif :wacko: ninja.giflaugh.gif

Are there prongs still on the Turkish /__/ bar that could fix it back on the surviving 5 bar? I wonder if the two holes visible in that were for a crescent shaped device....

and where's the REST of the stuff???? moremoremore

The prongs are broke on all 3 of the bars :speechless-smiley-004: (do you know of anyway to fix them????) I'll post more pics once my batteries recharge I have a TON of the evil 3rd reich stuff but I'm not going to post all of it. ANd yes it was literally ALL in a trash can waiting to be thrown out!!! daggers and all! pretty scary huh?? just makes me think of how much of this is in a German landfill rotting away flame flame flame

Nope, I don't. sad.gif

What unit does he show on his Hungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal document?

As a J?ger zu Pferde, since he was assigned to the GHQ of the Asienkorps, I'd wager he was in the HQ Feldgendarmerie Wachtrupp.

Which makes how he GOT the Large Silver BRAVERY Medal a very intersting question indeed. Something like the Silver Merit Cross with Crown on War Ribbon wouldn't have surprised me, but the Austrians were NOT "loose" with their top bravery awards, so I wonder....

You still about 2,600 album photos behind? Remember four words: Epson 2400 Series Scanner. ninja.gif