News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wurttemberg/Bavarian/Austrian/Bulgarian Bar

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Well! Thanks to the rare Austro-Hungarian 1908 Inhaber Jubilee Medal in bronze in next to last place, we know that this member of the (?) Zoll was in F?silier Regiment 122 in December 1908, and was among the few NCOs picked to receive that medal in bronze.

Do you have a name to look him up on the Wilhelmskreuz X list?

The only match for a Bulgarian St Alexander Merit Cross X (16.2.18) and Wihelmskreuz X (20.2.18) I find was a

Vizefeldwebel Karl Frey, and he shows no unit at all for either entry. Note the matching date on the Bulgarian Cross though-- 5 of the 8 listed recipients al got this on the same listing as Oberleutnant dR Klein.

Vizefeldwebel Karl Frey, and he shows no unit at all for either entry. Note the matching date on the Bulgarian Cross though-- 5 of the 8 listed recipients al got this on the same listing as Oberleutnant dR Klein.

Wow, are we now routinely going to ID NCOs, too?

:beer:

Guest Rick Research

Well, then we'll just have to go with Frey as the Best Suspect.

I'm not even sure if he is wearing an outdated model of Zoll/Zollgrenzschutz uniform or might be something like a prison guard. Could you zoom in on his shoulder boards?

Guest Rick Research

Ah yes, the OLD Zoll uniform:

He was a Zoll-Inspektor, the highest rank a non-Abitur holder could hope for

[attachmentid=54383]

But I am amazed to see the old Weimar "chicken" being worn as late as 1938!!!

[attachmentid=54384]

Oh, guys,

for the W?rttemberg Wilhelmskreuz......has nobody a roll????? I have!

Gustav Klein, Oberleutnant der Reserve in the Bodenseeflottille got his Wilhelmskreuz with swords 15.April 1916.

Best regards

Daniel

BTW, this roll will be available soon.....among others like W?rttemberg Military Merit Order, golden Military Merit Medal, Cross of Merit......not only Ricky is working hard.....

Daniel;

Am I to understand correctly that you are working on (amoung other rolls) the roll for the Wurttemberg Golden Military Merit Medal (WGMMM)? That would be great!

Daniel;

Am I to understand correctly that you are working on (amoung other rolls) the roll for the Wurttemberg Golden Military Merit Medal (WGMMM)? That would be great!

Yup, I do.

Rick is doing quite a lot, You know and I add more things from "th eother side of the ocean".

Best egards

Daniel

• 3 months later...

I wonder if this book would help with the ID of Klein and maybe have a pic:

Friedrich FACIUS, Die ?sterreichisch-Deutsche Bodenseeflotille 1915-1918. Ein unbekanntes Kapitel aus der Geschichte W?rttembergs im Ersten Weltkrieg, in: ZWLG 26, 1967, S. 432-458

I will try to find the book

I would really appreciate it if you would check the book for any information or pics. I can buy the book for 30 euros but I would like to see if it has any pics or information about

Gustav Klein

Leutnant der Reserve Gren Rgt 119 18.11.07 D4d (resident of Ravensburg)

Oberleutnant dR 26.3.15 E

Thanks

Edited by Paul C