News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everybody. This might be a silly question but I was wondering how to tell for sure whether you have a gold, bronze, or silver sports badge. The one on the left looks exactly like those I see that are called gold. Bronze seems to be a deeper color than mine. The other one looks like silver to me but I have seen some like this called bronze. Anybody have any thoughts on this? :unsure:

Michael

Michael,

Good question. The gold badges, if the finish is present, have a very brilliant gold finish--not at all like polished brass, for example, but more like the golden tone of a Naval badge or gold party badge. The steel, later examples, if the finish is removed, will look like a possible silver piece. The silver finish, though, is also unmistakable as it is usually a bright but matte silver color.

Erich

To me they are both bronze. The one on the right has been polished and all the finish gone down to the steel.

Can you post a pic of the reverses? Usually bronze types still have bronze colored pins.

Thanks Erich. I have received an education in these badges the last few days. The one on the left is a bronze badge. I looked closely at the crevasses and I could see the remains of the aged, chocolate colored bronze finish. The other is also a bronze because, if you look at the reverse, you can see that the pin and clasp have the bronze finish.

Michael

To me they are both bronze. The one on the right has been polished and all the finish gone down to the steel.

Can you post a pic of the reverses? Usually bronze types still have bronze colored pins.

You're right on the money Darrell. They're both bronze.

Michael