News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with identification

Alexandre

Hello Guys,

I have this picture from Admiral Yamamoto. (source Wikipedia)

Im trying to identificate the decorations.

I found:

in the right - Grand Cross - Order of Crown - Italy

in the neck - Order of Rising Sun - 1st class

in the left - Grand Cross of Rising Sun

but and the others ???

Can anyone help me ??

Thx in advance

Regards

Alexandre

Around his neck is the Auspicious Clouds and Rising Sun. In both cases they are auxiliary badges for the second class awards. The breast star of the Rising Sun is the top one on his right breast and the star of teh Auspicious CLouds is the one that is cut off in the photo below it (in a larger version of the photo it can be seen clearly).

He wears the sash badge and breast star (uppermost on left breast) of the Sacred Treasure 1st class.

On his medal bar he has 1904-05 War Medal, 1914-20 War Medal, 1931-34 Incident War Medal, WWI Victory Medal, Taisho Enthronement Medal, Showa Enthronement Medal, Manchurian National Foundation Merit Medal, Manchurian Imperial Visit to Japan Commemorative Medal, Red Cross Cross of Merit, and finally a Red Cross Special Member's Medal.

The two non Japanese stars are the Italian Order of the Crown and German Eagle Order as already identified. He subsequently also received the China Incident War Medal, Marshal's Badge, Golden Kite (I think from memory the 1st class) and the German Knights Cross of the Iron Cross with oakleaves and swords. I am probably missing a few of his entitlements as well !

Regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...