News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Tunics Currently for Sale

Paul Sanders in his reference books The Uniforms and Accoutrements of the Imperial German Hussars

About these books, and just in case someone reading this considers purchasing them (well they don't come that cheap), I'd precise that they do offer wonderful detailed photographs of period pieces indeed, but I'd be cautious in calling them "reference books".

There are a few points that may be discussed in that respect:

- Not much text altogether

- The uniforms are presented "subject to availability" of period pieces

- A couple errors / inaccuracies here and there.

Overall, the reading of that book is a very enjoyable experience, as there are some wonderful photos of fantastic pieces - and the printing is top quality.

Still there is an aftertaste of... I'd say near-confusion, as you're not quite sure what's missing ; it really feels that the book was structured around what pieces were available (and again, there are lots of gorgeous ones)

Jerome

• 4 years later...