News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Military Merit from Mexico

• 4 months later...

Hello,

You have been waiting long, but finally it is :) : here comes the 2nd and 3rd class of the M?rito Militar. The 1st class looks alike, but is a pin decoration with no ribbon.

It is interesting, by the way, how little information is available about Mexican decorations. It is a big, well-developed country in North America, with a well-known language, and the resources in comparison to USA or Canada are less than modest. Don't know why.

Best regards,

Lukasz

It is interesting, by the way, how little information is available about Mexican decorations. It is a big, well-developed country in North America, with a well-known language, and the resources in comparison to USA or Canada are less than modest. Don't know why.

So true. So sad.

Maybe we, in this forum, can do better?

Please.

• 4 years later...

My wife's (Mexican) family had a medal which is now in my "war room." It dates from 1867 and commemorates the war against French intervention in Mexico.

Can anyone help me identify this beautiful medal whch is on a red and whote neck ribbon with a silver eagle.

Many thanks,

Arnim

This is the medal I have in my "war room" - the silver version. Our problem is that we don't know who received it! My wife's maternal grandmother was born in Spain and raised in Mexico. It is my belief that this medal was awarded to her father. Unfortunately, there are no documents.

How many of these were awarded?

Not that we would part with the medal (I would insure it) - what is the silver version "worth."

Arnim

Edited by Arnim