News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hierarchy of Soviet Awards?

Between 1948 and sept. 1967 they got nothing at all in rubles?

Till the end of 1947 HSU & HSL received 25,- / p.m. (for their Lenin) and the Glory-Cavaliers 30,- for their 3 Orders of Glory (5,- + 10,- + 15,-)?

Andrei, it would be great, if you could post some scans of coupon booklets here :beer: . I have never seen one. Please scan the complete booklet - cover, pages, etc. - many thanks!

Another question: Guard Units in the Red Army got 100 % + in their monthly payments. Also 100 % + for their awards? When did the double payment for Guard Units stopp in the Soviet Union - also end of 1947?

Best regards

Christian

Christian, of course HSU have had priviligies before 1967 as well. They have had many benefits since this title was introduced. And all those introductory benefits listed in HSU booklet (back pages). But in 1967 and 1975 the numbers of benefits and priviligies were increased.

Sorry, it is hard to give detailed answer on many of your questions because I didn't do any special research on this topic and some things are unknown to me.

About the Guard units I can say this: In according with NCO (Narodnij Comissariat Oboroni - National Defence Commetee) from November 17, 1941 all officers and generals of Guard units started to receive 1.5 times of regular salaries (payments) and for privates and sergeants it was 2 times increase.

I'm not sure about cancellation time for extra payments in Guard units. In Soviet Army such units existed until the last days of USSR (and maybe they are still in business in modern Russian Army).

About the booklets - I'll place the pictures after I will return back home from my job.

• Replies 159
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Order of Victory,

I find the coupon books frequently in groups of medals and documents to an individual for sale from our favotite dealers. Here's a coupon book to A researched group I have. It belonged to Colonel Boris Fedorov.

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Guest RedThreat

They were able to receive an appartment without waiting, as soon as a new house was built. So their families were happy. And it was true for the cars as well.

... and oranges and cotton balls and hand-held electronic games, etc.

Christian,

Colonel Federov Served his entire career in the Far East District. He earned an ORS & OPW, 2nd (1985 issue) 2 MMM, 50th GPW Anniversary, Zhukov Medal, GPW & Armed Forces Jubillee medals, Victory Over Japan, Lenin Centennial & Veteran of Military Service. I also have his wifes medals. I have His research and all award books for both husband and wife. This group earned me a Bronze exhibit medal at the OMSA Convention this year.

Dear Doc,

congratulations to your OMSA-Medal :beer: .

So Col. Fedorov's coupon booklet - 5 rubles - is for one of his MMMs.

Your group is rather similar to my Far East / Baltics group of a Capt. 1st rank and commander of a naval brigade http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=115069 .

Did Col. Fedorov not get - after MMM and ORS - an ORB for 20 years in service?

Best regards

Christian

Christian,

Colonel Federov Served his entire career in the Far East District. He earned an ORS & OPW, 2nd (1985 issue) 2 MMM, 50th GPW Anniversary, Zhukov Medal, GPW & Armed Forces Jubillee medals, Victory Over Japan, Lenin Centennial & Veteran of Military Service. I also have his wifes medals. I have His research and all award books for both husband and wife. This group earned me a Bronze exhibit medal at the OMSA Convention this year.

Dear Doc,

so what did Col. Fedorov receive for 20 years in service? Did he enter the Red Army too late, so that he had fallen into the 1958-regulations and he only got the "nice" silver medal with the red star instead of an ORB?

From ORB recommendation to a MMM - despite his great citation - was a bad affair for Col. Fedorov :( .

Best regards :beer: .

Christian

His ORS was for long service. One of his MMMs was originally an ORB recommendation when he was a Lt. The citation as read should have earned him an ORB.

Christian,

He fought during WWII. His ORB recommendation was for protecting a convoy and defeating the Japanese attack without any loss of his men and equipment. He spent his entire career in the Far East District. He was with the Air Force Technical Branch. His OPW is a 1985 issue.

Dear Doc,

o.k., but for getting the rank of a Col. he should have served at least 20 years (= ORB or the new medal) in the Red Army. Or did he demobilze after 19 years in service?

Regarding his ORB-citation: Did he make a counter-attack after defeating the Japanese assault?

Best regards :beer:

Christian,

He fought during WWII. His ORB recommendation was for protecting a convoy and defeating the Japanese attack without any loss of his men and equipment. He spent his entire career in the Far East District. He was with the Air Force Technical Branch. His OPW is a 1985 issue.

Christian,

He joined the Red Army in September 1940 and a party member since March 1946. While conducting a convoy in Manchuria, he was repeatedly attacked by Japanese Forces and repulsed every one without a single loss. Please see attached translated citation for ORB.