News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Raid on St. Nazaire (Operation Chariot) and Operation Market Garden

Gentlemen,

Not at all my field so the question might seem silly :blush:

Anyway, what I'd like to know is if there was any specific British Medal issued to the survivors of Operation Chariot (the famous Raid on St. Nazaire) and any specific British or American Medal for those participating in the Operation Market Garden?

Many thanks in advance,

Dolf

Not officially.

There are some unofficial commemorative medals brought out within the past ten years.

David,

Many thanks for your reply.

I asked because as I collect Soviet and Mongolian awards, on both cases (as with other former communist countries) there are quite a few specific either commemorative/anniversary or as in the case of the Soviet those Defense of/Capture of/Liberation of (+ name of the city) Medals, or in both cases Medals or Badges for the Battle X (Soviet Lake Hassan Badge or Mongolian Khalkhin Gol Medal, for example), so I was wondering if the British had something like this for those heroes surviving the Raid on St. Nazaire or both the British and the Americans for those taking part on Operation Market Garden.

All these examples I mentioned are official awards.

You mention that "...there are some unofficial commemorative medals..."

Made and issued by some Veterans organizations? And both British and American, for both the Operations I mention?

So I guess that in both cases, officially some were awarded the official Orders and Medals, like the Victoria Cross or the Medal of Honor, for example, right?

Thanks again,

Dolf