News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Plastic Medal Bars

Guest Rick Research

• Replies 63
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically :jumping: but aesthetically IPB Image.

Ed,

I disagree with you on this one. I find these plastic medal bars quite aesthetic... :love: (as soon as they are not worn on the uniform, where they maybe look less attractive...).

Ch.

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

And now that last one has been rescued from the clutches of Evil Ricky and is now safe at MY house forever and ever. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

[attachmentid=38259]

I've been lusting after this one ever since it first passed over my Epson. And now it's mine. All mine!

Research, of course, is inevitable-- if only to find out EXACTLY what sort of person BOUGHT a mounting like this! :cat:

i reckon(and its only me now) that the reason these are for the most part missing there medals is cos the owners might have dicede that going back to the normal ribbions and toke the medals off the plastic ribbions! still very nice all thje same!! :beer:

• 10 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Ahhhh, the VERY fragile "plastic sheet" type, made out of old garden watering cans. :cheers:

Here's mine:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4974...;hl=Kuz'min

Given how brittle these are, they don't show up very often. I wonder if they were soft and flexible when they were new, but 50 years age hasn't been kind to them. I don't look like I did in 1958 either. :rolleyes:

Ahhhh, the VERY fragile "plastic sheet" type, made out of old garden watering cans. :cheers:

Here's mine:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4974...;hl=Kuz'min

Given how brittle these are, they don't show up very often. I wonder if they were soft and flexible when they were new, but 50 years age hasn't been kind to them. I don't look like I did in 1958 either. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Rick. Couldn?t find that thread, otherwise i would have posted there.

This one is in nice condition, just two small aeras of damage on the first and the last ribbon. If just the Red Star would be with it, then i could research it :(

But still, its a lovely bar, exspecially with the Type 1 LS-Medal.

Gerd

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Just hedging our bets, Comraid. :rolleyes:

Here's another one:

Captain Aleksei Ivanovich Gulyaev of 241st Corps Tank Exterminating Regiment, attested 1 September 1955:

Victory Over Germany and 1948 Jubilee are custom painted solid plastic, but the improperly positioned last Military Merit Medal for 10 years service is normal single suspension cloth ribbon, for a Mix And Match effect:

Rather slapdash on the VOG stripes, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

And the last one for now is a simple 5 place bar with Victory over Germany medal, 20 years Victory, 30 years Victory, 60 years Armed Forces and 25 years Victory badge(i suppose). This one has an interesting construction, as if the rows of ribbons are single pieces.