News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A GROUP OF SEVEN MINIATURE MEDALS COMPRISING A MILITARY OBE , KINGS POLICE MEDAL , BRITISH WAR MEDAL , VICTORY MEDAL , INDIA GENERAL SERVICE WITH CLASP AFGHANISTAN N.W.F. 1919 , 1935 JUBILEE MEDAL AND 1937 CORONATION MEDAL. THE GROUP IS MOUNTED ON A ' SPINK & SON ' BAR FOR WEAR.

Anyone any idea who these medals might be attributed to?

:coola: BJOW

Edited by bigjarofwasps

Hi Rick.

You could trawl through the previuosly sold items in Dix, Noonan and Webb, or Bonhams etc. Type in KPM and see what comes back. They were probably sold with the full size ones.

John

It should not be too hard to find this guy with a little research. KPM Gallantry group to a colonial white officer as John says DNW have sold a few of these recently.

Nick

Guest pikemedals

HI GORDON, I CAN,T SEE IN THE PHOTO IF THE KPM MEDAL IS A FRIST OR A SECOND TYPE. LET ME KNOW IT CAN HELP TO PIN IT DOWN TO YOUR MAN.

PAUL

Hi Paul,

Don`t know whether the KPM is first or second type, as you say its impossible to tell from this picture. I assume that its first type given the fact that theres no defence medal in the group, also interestingly there`s no LSGC either. But there can`t be that many KPM/OBE winners surely. I`ll do a bit of digging and see what I can come up with.

Gordon. catjava.gif

Guest pikemedals

HI GORDON,I SEEN A FEW OBE/KPM GROUPS. THE LAST ONE WAS TO A SCOTTISH OFFICER. WHO GOT HIS KPM FOR LONG SERVICE.

PAUL.

Hi Paul,

That is interesting!!! It would appear judging by the ribbon that this KPM, was awarded for bravery. At home I have a book by J P Farmer (think thats his name away), about the KPM/QPM awards for bravery, when I go home on R&R, I`ll have a look and see what I can find out.

Gordon. jumping

• 2 weeks later...

The QPM for gallantry was last issued in 1977. From about 1953 until 1977 it was only issued posthumously for gallantry.

In 1977 mainly due to the fact that the George Medal had been changed to allow for posthumous awards, the QPM for Gallantry was made sadly redundant by those at Central Chancellery. mad.gif

The QPM is still awarded for Distinguished Service.

• 5 months later...
    • 2 months later...