News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 years later...

I know... that's why I put them in the fake database. cheeky.gifcheeky.gifcheeky.gifcheeky.gif Plus they were gifts. jumping.gifjumping.gif

I've actually got some other Uboats to add... just have to take some time and scan them but don't know if I'll be able to do it tonight. Soon though... hopefully by the weekend at the latest. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Guest Darrell

Ahh yes .... why read the title of the thread.

let me re-phrase that ... "Three Clunkers in the Fake DataBase" ....

OR ... are the good badges for the Fake Data Base :whistle:

:catjava:

Ahh yes .... why read the title of the thread.

let me re-phrase that ... "Three Clunkers in the Fake DataBase" ....

OR ... are the good badges for the Fake Data Base :whistle:

:catjava:

cheeky.gifcheeky.gifcheeky.gifcheeky.gif S'okay... I've had many of those moments myself my friend. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Uh Dan,

I think you might want to double-check that Schott badge. I suspect it's good with a possible pin replacement. But, hey, if you don't want it, let me know and I'll take that "fake" off your hands. :beer:

Tim

Hi Tim,

All I can say is... here's the original thread where I posted it and it was declared by several members to be fake.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/37822-uboat-good-or-bad-anything-special/page__p__351657__hl__uboat__fromsearch__1#entry351657

I go by the old addage... if ten people tell you you're drunk you'd better lie down. cheeky.gif

But seriously... I would LOVE to find out it's original. But for now I'm lying down.

Dan cheers.gif

Posted · Hidden by Hauptmann, February 17, 2011 - Database problems... doubled another post.
    Hidden by Hauptmann, February 17, 2011 - Database problems... doubled another post.

Uh Dan,

I think you might want to double-check that Schott badge. I suspect it's good with a possible pin replacement. But, hey, if you don't want it, let me know and I'll take that "fake" off your hands. :beer:

Tim

Hi Tim,

All I can say is... here's the original thread where I posted it and it was declared by several members to be fake.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/37822-uboat-good-or-bad-anything-special/page__p__351657__hl__uboat__fromsearch__1#entry351657

I go by the old addage... if ten people tell you you're drunk you'd better lie down. cheeky.gif

But seriously... I would LOVE to find out it's original. But for now I'm lying down.

Dan cheers.gif

Dan,

If it's a cast of an original, then its a damn good casting. I have seen some of these with, what looks to be pitting, but have been told some of these were not always as crisp in details as others. I will say that I see a lot of good traits with it compared to things I don't like and have seen badges in worse condition get the thumbs up.

The hardware is not normal for Schott but, I have seen some variations over the years. The pin is definately a modern replacement IMO (if replacement of course, but looks modern to me).

Do you have the dimensions and weight as I'm curious to see how it compares to my badge. Hey, if you don't want it, let me know. If nothing else, it will be a good case study on Schott fakes, as I have seen my share of them and this is one of the closer examples IMO. If fake, definately meant to deceive.

Let me know,

Tim :cheers: