News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Many of the fotos look to be of proffesional quality.

What a super set of albums !!!

I agree with Chris... The staging and quality would suggest either a professional at work or a photographer who certainly knew his way around a camera.

An absolutely superb insight into the life of the "HJ" :love::cheers:

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow great pics...sad in a way when u think of the kids in uniform who lost their lives...especially in the final battle for Berlin when all was last and the orders "Fight till the last 'man'" had been given.

Jim

Wow great pics...sad in a way when u think of the kids in uniform who lost their lives...especially in the final battle for Berlin when all was last and the orders "Fight till the last 'man'" had been given.

Jim

Particularly sad when the last man turned out to be a brain-washed child :(

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Does anyone know what the patch is??? :unsure: Still a great lot of photos! :beer:

Above it is an arm badge for leaders of the Jungfolk. Circle with a single lightning style S letter on it. They came in various colours, I have a uniform with one on. Mine is for the area Ost and Gebeit Sudetenland if I recall and is red circle with white rune. Therefore it is possible this is a Jungfolk proficiency badge of some kind. Thats all I can think, unless it is an armband

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Edited by MattGibbs

Above it is an arm badge for leaders of the Jungfolk. Circle with a single lightning style S letter on it. They came in various colours, I have a uniform with one on. Mine is for the area Ost and Gebeit Sudetenland if I recall and is red circle with white rune. Therefore it is possible this is a Jungfolk proficiency badge of some kind. Thats all I can think, unless it is an armband

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Hallo hunyadi :beer:

I attach a picture of the particular Jungvolk Leader Badge that Matt mentions, as of yet I have not been able to identify the lower insignia, its at avery difficult angle and the detail poor.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

It is the HJ proficiency badge for a HJ-Adjudant.

According to Brain Leigh Davis excellent book: Badges and Insignia of the 3rd Reich, it is a silver-grey "Wolfstongue" on a red cloth diamond, worn on the left forearm.

Here is another photo from a different angle:

IPB Image

Close-up:

IPB Image

Just for those, who want to see the cap-badge:

IPB Image

Hallo Robert, :beer:

making things clearer still, :P here is a scan of the illustration by Malcom McGregor, taken from the great book by Brian L. Davis you mentioned.

" 2. HJ-Adjutant. A silver-grey "Wolfstounge" rune on a red cloth diamond worn on the left fore-arm. Examples of this badge in postwar collections are always of the oval variety.

3. HJ-Adjutant attached to the Political Leadership Corps (HJ-Adjutant bei den Politischen Leiter) worn on the left forearm.

By any chance did No. 3 cover recruiting duties? if so maybe the one featured in the picture is this one??

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

• 1 month later...

As I said before - there were some lose photos missing in the deal. I got them now.

I didn't expect that they are 600 more !!

These lose photos came in old boxes for photo papers and some are double, already in the albums, however some are new too.

I continue with a selection of the second part of this awesome deal.

In the meantime I found out the name of the HJ-Gebietsf?hrer. It was Emil Klein, district leader of the HJ-Gebiet Hochland.

Here he is again

49.)

tippel0049.jpg

Detail:

tippel0049a.jpg

50.)

I think it's Klein on the left. Who is the SA-leader ?

tippel0050.jpg