News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine Warrant Officers Cap question

Hi All! Love this forum

I have a Kriegsmarine Warrant Officers Cap without a cover (pretty sad eh?)

Would it be acceptable to place a sailors tellermutz cover on it? Seems there are more of those available than visor cap covers (unless someone knows where I can get a correct one)

Thanks in advance rolleyes.gif

Did I miss the memo where everyone is on vacation? blush.gif

Welcome to Bargain Hunt everyone! Where our experts one the day are the lovely Paul Hayes and the dashing Jaunty

Edited by Das Limpet

I have in fact seen a couple of caps with removeable tops where the top was definitely one from a sailors cap. While it might matter to the purist collector, I'm sure it didn't matter much to the sailor at the time. Externally there is very little difference, its all to do with the interior lining.

These tops do appear from time to time though. I've seen several for sale over the years so don't give up on getting the correct top. Of course the difficulty would be getting a size match, but its not impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon? how do I get more than one pick up on the sale forum? sad.gif

You should be able to get multiple images in a single post so long as the total of them all doesn't exceed the overall limit per post.

If you are having problems getting more than one image , you can use the reply function and add new posts to the thread each with another view of the cap.