News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here is one that it is on its way towards me. What can you imperial wizards tell me about this one?

Is it a good one or put togheter? I wonder because of the 2 different colours on the last 2 ribbons. I do like the combination of the WW II with the WWI service (iff original).

Looking forward towards the reactions.

Cordial greetings,

Edited by Stijn David

Combination is ok and the back certainly looks good, although the patina might be stained rather than rusted and cleaned. The eagles are what bother me-but if i saw it i'd buy it.

Edited by Ulsterman

Hello,

Thank you for the reaction, mayby the eagles are added at some point? And the blue ribbons denote anotehr type of long service award?

Anyone care to name the shown awards? ;):speechless:

So we have:

* EK 2 - 1914

* Hindenburg

* Long service ( ? years)

* Long service ( ? years)

Anyway, im looking forward for more opinions and reactions.

Cordial greetings + thanks for looking,

Edited by Stijn David

#2 ist Kreigsehren-Medaille 1915-18 (Lippe Detmond) am Band fur Verdeinst im Feindesland. (#1191 Nimmergut Bandercatalog);

translated lippeDetmond war service medal for service at the front or "in enenmy territory".

Hello,

Thank you for the constructive answers. Will post a detailed scan from the eagles etc ... once the bar arrived => and am looking forward towards the toughts of you guys.

So we have here a few possibility's for the 2 nd. ribbon

A) Kriegsverdienstkreuz

B) Kriegsehren-Medaille 1915-18 (Lippe Detmond) am Band fur Verdienst im Feindesland

As A) is the most common it is probably the one it does represent, altough we will never ever know for sure.

Thanks for looking and the reply's,

Edited by Stijn David

Hello,

Thank you for the constructive answers. Will post a detailed scan from the eagles etc ... once the bar arrived => and am looking forward towards the toughts of you guys.

So we have here a few possibility's for the 2 nd. ribbon

A) Kriegsverdienstkreuz

B) Kriegsehren-Medaille 1915-18 (Lippe Detmond) am Band fur Verdienst im Feindesland

As A) is the most common it is probably the one it does represent, altough we will never ever know for sure.

Thanks for looking and the reply's,

The Kriegsehren-Medaille Lippe-Detmold with combatant ribbon isn?t possible, sorry :P

He had to care for wounded soldiers or to do other social work in a Red Cross organisation at the front to

award this medal. But there is no hint on that.

The Hindenburg-cross and the IC 2nd class 1914 belong to a brave soldier.

By the way it is a quite regular combination : IC 2nd class - KVK Lippe .

Greetings

Solomon

There is photographic evidence that Red Cross men AND military sanitats types were awarded both the EK and the HK.

I concur however, that the VAST ( as in 99.9%+) majority of these ribbons would be for the war cross.

Edited by Ulsterman

There is photographic evidence that Red Cross men AND military sanitats types were awarded both the EK and the HK.

I concur however, that the VAST majority of these ribbons would be for the war cross.

HK = Hindenburg-cross = "Frontkaempfer-Ehrenkreuz" ?

The Kriegsehrenmedaille Lippe-Detmold was a award for civilians...it is indirect fixed in the award statutes.

Greetings

Solomon

The Kriegsehrenmedaille Lippe-Detmold was a award for civilians...it is indirect fixed in the award statutes.

Greetings

Solomon

Solomon,

A few Kriegsehrenmedaille also seem to have been awarded to serving soldiers. I have an award document for the medal on the non-combattant ribbon to a man in Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 55.

David

This is the Lippe War Merit Cross, and the combination is ok. In fact, if the bar were real, there would be only about a handful of suspects, with 25+ years of service.

However, I have to say that I don't really like the bar. How would that uneven fading of the two blue ribbons be accounted for? Sorry, tab backs are always easily messed with.

Chris

Hello,

Thank you for all the responses :beer:

I will post detailed scans when i got it at home, iff it is OK then i am offcoarse happy => iff not then that is just as fine :cheeky:

Iff real then i really wonder iff names can be put on this one as that would be really something for sure. But i guess that will be dreaming with open eyes :blush:

Cordial greetings,

Iff real then i really wonder iff names can be put on this one as that would be really something for sure. But i guess that will be dreaming with open eyes :blush:

Cordial greetings,

:rolleyes: Please look into your PNs...i?ve some news for you :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The ribbon bar arrived yesterday !!!

Here is a scan of the 2 eagle devices. They are both golden so they depict :

* Long Service: 25 years

* Long Service : 12 years

The unever fading => probably due to different manufactering (or one is replaced at some time?), as the eagle's also do show different features.

Cordial greetings,

Greetings

Solomon

Yes, I know. However, there exist photos or red cross men wearing EKs (in 1917/18) AND Hks (yes frontkampfer crosses) in the 1930s. I assume they were wrongly awarded, but such things happened-rarely- and indeed- still happen today. However, I have never seen HK docs to railroad men , postmen, other bureaucrtas (beamten) or female nurses-although I have seen KVK docs to such civillian types.