News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

East German Generals Shirt Sleeve Order of Dress

[attachmentid=57572][attachmentid=57573]

Gents,

On some posts made by Dan, we briefly talked about East German Generals shoulderboards and the length of ribbon bars worn on the shirt sleeve dress. I've decided to combine both these topics and post some pictures of an East German VOPO shirt sleeve order of dress that I have in my collection. I'll only post the shirt first and add the other parts later. The shirt shows the Academy badge on the right and the four place ribbon bar on the left side.

Edited by Gordon Craig

Here are the special shoulderboards and rank stars worn on the Generals shirts. The boards are thinner and somewhat wider than on the tunic. The rank stars are also different in that they are flatter but of the same overall size. Both the shoulderboards and the stars are specially designed for wear with the jacket so it sits properly with the shopulderboards in place.

Regards,

Gordon