News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the October Revolution

Hi everyone,

i got this Order of the October Revolution today. Serial number is 63497. Lowest observed number is 58645. Interesting is, that it has a very broad rotating-tool engraved Serial number. Also, it has some typical scratches on the reverse, which show up, when the order was worn over a Medal.

*The Order of the October Revolution was institutet in 1967 and it was awarded to citizens of the USSR, Military Units, and civillian or state organizations. Itw was awarded for major contributions in strengthening Soviet Power and culture, bravery in battle, or creating friendlier ties with peoples or governments of the world.

Enjoy this beautiful designed order

*Paul McDaniel, "Comprehensive guide to Soviet Orders and Medals"

Edited by Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Here's mine. I got this with the Orders Book, so I have the recipient's name and exact date... don't know if I scanned that but didn't name it next to the Order (duh!) so back later. These were also made on my old scanner, so a bit blurry.

full front

[attachmentid=4783]

front close up

[attachmentid=4784]

reverse closeup

[attachmentid=4785]

Every one of these that I have seen has come with its own single entry Order Book for this award ONLY.

Guest Rick Research

Even my new scanner has "issues" with the silvery reflection-- LOOKS blurry, but isn't. Number 94264 obverse again

[attachmentid=4790]

Anyway, here is Anton Filippovich Gebultsov's entry for this OOR. 1967 "I" edition Orders Book, space for photo but not even "Valid Without Photograph" stamped in it, serial number 94,264 authorized 22 December 1977.

[attachmentid=4791]

Guest Darrell

Very nice guys ... I believe one of these will be in my collection soon as well. Need the Defence of Sebastopol / Odessa and Liberation of Belgrade guys first :coola:

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Here is a Type 1, 4 rivets, which I was able to scan today for comparison of the types:

[attachmentid=19242][attachmentid=19243]

and a nice clear scan of the Aurora, which the reflection off mine prevented:

[attachmentid=19245]

Nice Picture, Kim. :cheers:

This is a photo, which was part of a group (the OOR, which i posted last, belongs to this group), i got last year. This is Ivan Semyenovich Mukhin, telephonist and Mortar man in WW2, wounded twice. He worked as a lathe operator at the Dnepropetrovsk Factory "in the name of Karl Liebknecht" later. I still wonder, what exactly he got his awards for. Rick said, the Red-Star may be a belated award for his wounds in WW2. Every comment to that topic is more than welcome.

I think, he may have been good in enhancing or advancing equipment or invented something important in regard to Military Readiness? Pure speculation, of course...